Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I load two DNA and two RNA samples to one HiSeq 2500 rapid mode flowcell?

Is it technically possible? Or do I need to put them in two rapid mode flowcells?

Thanks in advance.

As long as the read type (single/Paired) and base length is the same, it doesn't matter what sample type is in any given lane.

The only time it matters is in the processing what you align it to-genome or transcriptome.

Comment

Yeah. That's what I thought. But a BGI staff told me that's not possible. Can it be due to different library sizes?

Comment

It would be a problem to combine them into one lane as different sizes as they would not cluster equivalently, but separate lanes should be fine.

Comment

Are the sequencing primers for the two libraries the same?
          Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

Originally posted by kwaraska View Post
            It would be a problem to combine them into one lane as different sizes as they would not cluster equivalently, but separate lanes should be fine.
            Thank you for your reply. Two of them are exome and the other two are rna-seq. I presume these two sets are prepared differently but they should be at least be able to fit in two lanes. Let me call them and check again...

Comment

Since there are two lanes per Rapid Run Mode flow cell, you may can try to load each type of library into each flow cell lane independently.

Comment

I called BGI again. They said it is actually feasible but they haven't had any experience with the Truseq Duo Loading Kit yet, so that's why the rep answered that way.

I consider my problem as solved. Thanks everyone for contributing.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses