No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low quality for index1 (i7) but not for read2

Hi,
    I am sequencing libraries on MiSeq (V2 and V3) and facing constant problems with my i7 reads. At the end of my read1, the quality drops and remains low during my i7 sequencing (16 cycles).
    However, the quality of my read2 (which initiates from the same read2 sequence-Nextera Read2 sequencing primer- as for i7) is perfect.

My question is: how can you get good quality for read2 but bad quality for i7, given that the sequencing primer is the same? and is anyone else facing the same problem?
    Thanks!
    Best,

Walid

Walid

What does it look like for your i5 read? And can you explain the full read layout for the index reads and read 1 and 2?

Lastly, what are you sequencing and how many samples are you sequencing at a time?

Comment

Hi,

For MiSeq, primers sequencing for I1 and I2 are different. You can refer to this link for more detail information.
      Indexed Sequencing Overview Guide (15057455) (illumina.com)

I have same experience with my customer when they choose wrong index i1 for sequencing. The index i1 were low-diversity and the Qscore was drop out. I have attached "Index Adapter Pooling Guide" for your reference.
      Introduction (illumina.com)

On the other hands, the I1 sequencing primer in cartridge has issue, even it very rare, you should check with the seller .

Hope that it help!

Comment

GenomicSeq My i5 is perfect (95% >Q30)
        My construct is: P7_Barcodes_Read2Nextera_UMI_Insert_Read1TruSeq_Index_P5
        All reads, except for i7 (16N barcodes), have high qualities.

I have this problem whether I'm pooling libraries or sequencing only one.

Nhung Nguyen Thanks for replying. I have been facing this problem for a while with V2 and V3 kits, so I don't think it's a cartridge issue. As for the low-diversity i7, it is 16N barcodes and I should have around 100k different barcodes.

Attached is a screenshot of the illumina sequencing analysis viewer of my last run
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Walid; 03-01-2023, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
        0 responses