Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NextSeq1000 P2 400M kit Yield?

We are currently using high-output (400M) read kits on the NextSeq500/550 and regularly get 550M reads (clusters) passing filter (135% of spec).
    Does anyone here have experience with the NextSeq 1000 P2 400M kits?

We are thinking of upgrading but wonder if we'll get above spec on the NS1000 too.

M4TTN I used to do a bit of work on the NextSeq 500 and noticed the same thing. I can reach out to some former group members that have the newer model and see what their experience is.

Comment

Hi,

With my experience to support on ILMN system, I always found that if the loading concentration is correct, most of the run would be greater than the official specs on the web. You can log in to the BSSH and demo data to review some runs on Nextseq 1000/ Nextseq 2000 were published on that.

For me, if you don't have plan to use the microarray module, you should consider to change from Nextseq 550 to Nextseq 1000. Then in the future, if your number of samples will increase then you can upgrade from Nextseq 1000 to Nextseq 2000. It's up to you.

Hope that helps!

Comment

M4TTN I asked my old group but they have a NextSeq 2000 instead of the 1000. They have reported some high yields so I would imagine they are comparable, but unfortunately, I don't know for sure.

Comment

Hi M4TTN, Not sure if this is too late to be of any use but we ran some RNA libraries on the NextSeq 1000 recently on a P2 300 cycle kit (illumina specifications 400M reads) and got 545M reads PF. This is our first run since the phiX validation run which was a P2 600 cycle kit (illumina specifications 300M reads) which gave 418M reads, so it looks like you can still get significantly more reads than Illumina's specifications if you load it well.

Comment

Much appreciated - and good to hear your experience - I infer neither NS1000 (and 2000?) use patterned flow cells then?

Originally posted by Tom Barker View Post
            Hi M4TTN, Not sure if this is too late to be of any use but we ran some RNA libraries on the NextSeq 1000 recently on a P2 300 cycle kit (illumina specifications 400M reads) and got 545M reads PF. This is our first run since the phiX validation run which was a P2 600 cycle kit (illumina specifications 300M reads) which gave 418M reads, so it looks like you can still get significantly more reads than Illumina's specifications if you load it well.

Comment

They are patterned flow cells with clusters much more densely packed on a smaller flow cell than the NextSeq 550 but Illumina have set their specifications a little low so they can over deliver. When I say "if you load it well" I didn't mean to make it sound too difficult, it's much easier to get the optimum loading with these flow cells than with the older type as it's much harder to overload them.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
              0 responses