Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High undetermined reads

Hi everyone, I have recently sequenced 1 lane of NovaSeq X Plus 10B with a sequencing provider. The library that was sequenced is a multiplex WGS library.

I received the result and was informed that I have high undetermined reads (approximately 56%) in my library.

They have also sent me the possible indexes for the undetermined reads and I was unable to find any of the sequences in my index list.

The index that I have used for the sequencing was used in the past as well and nothing of sort has happened before.

This is the %Pass filter vs %Occupied plot. The %Pass filter is in the 40-50% range, is there something wrong about this run?

Thank you for your kind help in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pass filter plot in SAV.png
Views:	324
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	325664

The %PF is low I think, but I don't think that this plot is necessarily the most helpful in resolving your issue. I haven't sequenced on an X Plus yet, but low %PF runs on the NextSeq 2000 and NovaSeq can still have good quality reads. What was the Q30 through each read, specifically the index reads? If the index reads had low quality, it's possible you could demultiplex with a higher mismatch allowance to cut down on the undetermined.

Comment

Hello, replying to your post as I have found the similar results in some recent NovaSeq X Plus runs. My total undetermined reads were around 12% of my total reads and we demultiplexed the reads for every adapter that we have in our lab to ensure there was no contamination with unused adapters. Our Q30 scores average around 88% for each sample in the pool, the total PF% was ~60% and occupancy was ~93%. From what I can understand, a high number of undetermined reads can be expected. Hope that helps!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Recent Developments in Metagenomics
        by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
        09-23-2024, 06:35 AM
      • seqadmin
        Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
        by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
        09-09-2024, 10:59 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 10-02-2024, 04:51 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 10-01-2024, 07:10 AM
      0 responses