It seems clear from the photos that the NextSeq 500 has 4 lanes per flow cell, but i have been unable to discern from any of the published info thus far if each lane is individually loadable. Does anybody know?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Since the fluidics slide says that there are no tubes it seems likely that only one pool/sample can be run on the flowcell at one time.
Based on this document the libraries are loaded into the reagent cartridge like MiSeq: http://supportres.illumina.com/docum...15048776-a.pdfLast edited by GenoMax; 01-18-2014, 08:40 AM.
Comment
-
I was initially dismissive, but the way they implemented the ordered clustering is really clever as is the idea of coding bases in binary, though I wonder like Phillip how one distinguishes between a failed incorporation of G and a bona fide event...?
Comment
-
Thanks for the pointer Geno. It is very clear from the User Guide that there is one, single port for sample loading so the is no dividing up the capacity of the flow cell. Seems like an unnecessary limitation to the utility of the platform.Originally posted by GenoMax View PostSince the fluidics slide says that there are no tubes it seems likely that only one pool/sample can be run on the flowcell at one time.
Based on this document the libraries are loaded into the reagent cartridge like MiSeq: http://supportres.illumina.com/docum...15048776-a.pdf
Comment
-
Does that mean I can't load RNA to two lanes and exome to the other two in NextSeq 500?Originally posted by kmcarr View PostThanks for the pointer Geno. It is very clear from the User Guide that there is one, single port for sample loading so the is no dividing up the capacity of the flow cell. Seems like an unnecessary limitation to the utility of the platform.
Comment
-
You'd probably need to mix samples via indexing. I'm guessing as long as insert sizes are similar you should be OK but we know that some prep methods produce higher CD than others, so equimolar pooling could be more challenging.Originally posted by ymc View PostDoes that mean I can't load RNA to two lanes and exome to the other two in NextSeq 500?
Comment
-
Can it have a split loading kit like HiSeq 2500?Originally posted by TonyBrooks View PostYou'd probably need to mix samples via indexing. I'm guessing as long as insert sizes are similar you should be OK but we know that some prep methods produce higher CD than others, so equimolar pooling could be more challenging.
Comment
-
-
I've also noticed you need to load 0.06% bleach into the cartridge.
I guess there is an aggressive wash to remove the carry over seen in the MiSeq.
Comment
-
Thanks for your reply.Originally posted by TonyBrooks View PostPretty sure it can't. It's very similar to the MiSeq in that there is one well on the cartridge in which you can load your denatured library. No option to cluster off instrument.
What an unfortunate design choice!
I hope they fix it in the next iteration
Comment
-
You mean by backing away the sequencing primer from the insert? Sequencing the adapter for one or more bases?Originally posted by BBoy View PostIllumina controls the clustering adapters and sequencing primers. It should be trivial to ensure no Gs at the end of the cluster.
I don't think that is a likely scenario.
--
Phillip
Comment
-
Yeah, that'd mean an entirely new, machine-specific library kit and backwards compatibility issues.
Is this not just a little bit nit-picky, though? Think of a genome. Think of an amplicon. How many times would arise wherein the first X bases were a G-homopolymer? Theoretically it could happen, certainly, but practically, I'm thinking not so much.
Anyone have any concrete examples of G-heavy read starts?
Comment
-
From the NextSeq 500 system user guide from support site.
For any index sequences, RTA2.0 requires at least one base other than G in the first two cycles (i.e. i7 -705 index is not compatible)Last edited by GenoMax; 01-21-2014, 07:23 AM. Reason: Removed the ref to "G"s since Philip has already posted that previously
Comment
-
Based on this information I've worked out that the cost per library on the NextSeq is almost exactly the same as the cost on the Ion Proton with the upcoming PII chip, which I assume it was intended to compete with. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k8wczNWN0kxeFEOriginally posted by SNPsaurus View PostHere are some prices I've heard:
FC-404-1002 | NextSeq™ 500 High Output Kit (150 cycles)
List Price (USD):$2,500.00
FC-404-1004 | NextSeq™ 500 High Output Kit (300 cycles)
List Price (USD):$4,000.00
FC-404-1005 | NextSeq™ 500 High Output Kit (75 cycles)
List Price (USD):$1,300.00
Please let me know if you have more information than I do.
Comment
-
Well the stranded TruSeq RNA prep libraries tend to be quite G-rich in their early bases.Originally posted by GW_OK View PostYeah, that'd mean an entirely new, machine-specific library kit and backwards compatibility issues.
Is this not just a little bit nit-picky, though? Think of a genome. Think of an amplicon. How many times would arise wherein the first X bases were a G-homopolymer? Theoretically it could happen, certainly, but practically, I'm thinking not so much.
Anyone have any concrete examples of G-heavy read starts?
Call me cynical, but I just know this is going to cause bias unless Illumina has substantially altered its cluster calling software. I am guessing anything with 3 or more G's in its read1 first 5 bases is going to be "lost" by the software as a cluster a large percentage of the time.
Not that Illumina will have any trouble competing with the Proton.
Also, after a year or so Illumina will probably fix the issue. That is my prediction. Feel free to ridicule me if it didn't go down that way 1 year from now.
--
Phillip
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
8 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
46 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
54 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment