No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiSeq SBS & Cluster V4 kits.

Hello all,

Just saw the V4 kit information released on Illumina website (http://www.illumina.com/products/hiseq-sbs-kit-v4.ilmn).

"......The new v4 reagents increase the number of clusters by 33% compared to the TruSeq SBS Kit v3".......

Does anyone know when the kits can be ordered regularly?!? Any has tried the V4 kit?!?

Thanks,
    Wei
    Attached Files

As the linked page says these reagents are for the "1Tb" upgrade which has not been officially released at this time (the title also indicates "pre-release").

Even if someone managed to order a V4 kit, they may not be able to use it until the associated hardware/software upgrades are in place on the HiSeq 2500/1500 (and a select few HiSeq 2000's).
    Last edited by GenoMax; 01-16-2014, 04:27 AM.

Comment

And the very best of it is that not all HiSeqs are updatable. They just told me our camera is too slow and they will not upgrade cameras.
      Together with the fact they seem to plan to weed out the smaller centers by selling the more cost efficient HiSeq X only in packages of ten, I start reaching a point where I whish that they get more competition. FAST.

Comment

In a sales pitch they state that all 2000s shipped in 2013 and all factory build 1500/2500 can have their firmware+software updated to run the v4 kits.

Right know I'm trying to figure out, what prevents a field upgraded 2500 from running v4?

I know that the new generation of cameras were added from SN 700895 and forward.
        This began summer 2011.

Fluidics were upgraded on a lot of the 2000s late 2012/early 2013.

Most likely PCs were improved at a time as well?

Anyone who has been able to find more detailed information on this subject?

Just had confirmed, that the camera is the bottle neck on older HiSeqs.
        Last edited by Zuuhl; 02-26-2014, 03:03 AM. Reason: New information

Comment

PCs were upgraded, I think some memory, but they got a more performant disk array for sure.

They say the cameras are too slow. But I am greatly confused that they do not offer to upgrade the early HiSeqs.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuuhl View Post
            I know that the new generation of cameras were added from SN 700895 and forward.
            This began summer 2011.
            That's for v2 of the cameras. v3 cameras started at SN ~701405. You have to have a v3 camera to get the 1T upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by GW_OK View Post
              That's for v2 of the cameras. v3 cameras started at SN ~701405. You have to have a v3 camera to get the 1T upgrade.
              Hmm? I might have to double check my answer from Illuminas techsupport then.

Perhaps they looked at the S/Ns cleared for new rapid kits and not the high output?

Comment

I found out this information from Illumina's HiSeq v4 System Upgrade Information Sheet.
                Compatible systems for Cluster v4 kits:
                HiSeq 2500 (SN# D00101 or higher)
                HiSeq 1500 (SN# C00101 or higher)
                HiSeq 2000 (SN# 7001403 or higher)
                Field Upgraded HiSeq 2500 (SN# 7001403 or higher)
                Field Upgraded HiSeq 1500 (SN# L179 or higher)

Comment

Updated after a conversation with Illumina: it turns out pricing for V4 was released early in an email from Christian Henry (Illumina SVP &...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses