Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GW_OK View Post
    Our lab is preparing to set up a similar seq cap pipeline. I'd be grateful to hear any pros/cons or other thoughts you (or anyone else!) have on this system.
    simple workflow and covaris shearing is great. pooling for cost efficiency looks to be tricky as the concentration must be very accurate in order to hybridize multiple sample fragments in one reaction.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can reuse agilent sureselect once the baits have been captured by the streptavidin beads?

Comment

what exactly do you mean by reuse agilent sureselect? if you are referring to the capture library, then that is a bad idea. the streptavidin beads will pull down all of the biotinylated RNA "baits" whether complementary genomic sequence has been captured or not.

Comment

But a bound bait could still bind DNA though, no? I think it may be a moot point anyway, as my Agilent rep says the baits are destroyed in an RNase step. But I don't see RNase mentioned in the Sureselect protocol I am looking at...

Comment

I suspect the "bait" RNA is digested during the bead wash steps. Also, Agilent furtively releases updates to the sureselect protocol, so make sure you are following most recent, http://www.opengenomics.com/sureselect

Comment

It would appear that I have the most updated protocol. The only place I can see RNase being is in the sureselect elution buffer, which I had assumed was merely a NaOH solution given the immediate use of the neutralization buffer afterwards.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses