Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reagents in Rapid SR cluster and Rapid SBS kit

Hi I am a new user of the hiseq sequencer. I know the workflow of cluster generation and sequence by synthesis. I am interested in knowing how each of the reagents provided in Rapid SR cluster kit and Rapid SBS kit are involved in these 2 processes.

Hope someone can help me with it as I cannot find any information on it or is there any places i can find the resources? Thanks!

Originally posted by biancaneve View Post
    Hi I am a new user of the hiseq sequencer. I know the workflow of cluster generation and sequence by synthesis. I am interested in knowing how each of the reagents provided in Rapid SR cluster kit and Rapid SBS kit are involved in these 2 processes.

Hope someone can help me with it as I cannot find any information on it or is there any places i can find the resources? Thanks!
    The rapid cluster kit provides all of the reagents needed to cluster the library onboard the HiSeq2500 machine - the diluted library goes into the FCA or FCB template position to the left of the flowcell stage (the two Eppendorf tube positions). The cluster kit reagents sit in the same position in the machine as the paired-end reagents for a standard high-output run (and, if doing a rapid PE run, also contain tubes of the PE turnaround reagents, together with the read 1/2 and i7/i5 sequencing primers).

The rapid SBS kit is much the same as the standard high-output SBS reagents (fluorescent dNTP and polymerase mix, scan reagent, salt buffers and cleavage mix), but there are some reagents used in high-output which are not needed for the rapid run and are thus replaced with dummy PW1 corning tubes. Unlike high-output, the sequencing mix for the rapid run comes with the polymerase and flourescent dNTPs already spiked in.

If you don't want to cluster onboard the instrument (since there's only one template position for each flowcell, both lanes of that flowcell must be loaded with the same library... so if you want lane 1 and lane 2 to have different samples loaded, you cannot cluster onboard) you need a third kit, the cBot Rapid Duo kit. This allows loading of DNA onto the flowcell via a cBot instrument, but only does the first round of the clustering (takes about 1hr 20min) - the rest is done onboard the HiSeq using the standard Rapid Cluster Kit.

Note that flowcells dual-loaded with the cBot are NOT stable for 9 days prior to running (as they are with regular cBot-loaded high-output cells) since the clustering is not yet complete... they have to be loaded onto the HiSeq on the same day.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses