No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding Miseq sequencing

Hi, everyone,

I have a question regarding the Miseq RNA sequencing and seek for experienced advice.

I have 18 libraries prepared by Illumina RNA Sample prep V2 kit for RNA seq on Miseq platform. They are 6 samples*3 biological replicates. I am pooling 3 samples per run.

The run #1 and 2, which sequenced the 1st and 2nd biological replicates of the sample A, B and C, have pretty good results: ~800K/mm2 of cluster density. But the 3rd run, sequencing the 3rd biological replicate of the same set of sample, has only ~550 K/mm2. But my colleague made a mistake when normalizing libraries so i personally did a repeat. but the cluster density is still low as about ~550. Then I decided to run another set of sample, the 1st biological replicate of sample D, E and F. This time, the cluster density is about ~800 as run #01 and 02. So i believe this low cluster density is related to these particular samples, not to machine or running reagents. All libraries are validated and quantified without any problem identified.

My question is: can I pool the reads generated from run #03 and 04 (both are sequencing the 3rd biological replicates of sample A, B and C) as 1 set of data for the analysis? I am using CLC Genomics Workbench for the transcriptome analysis using RPKM method. Will this pooling cause an artificals on the results of gene transcription levels or bias for the analysis?

Thank you all for your advices.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses