Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options for poorly fragmented library.

Hi all,
    I've been working for some months to collect samples and build libraries for an absolute RNA-seq method, which is preferably PCR-free. I've sent my samples off to QC and I was sad to find that my fragments are much larger than expected. I was shooting for 200bp inserts, but my library fragments have ended up in the range of 600-900bp depending on the library. I was planning to use the HiSeq4000. Which according to the specs doesn't play well with fragments greater than 600bp fragments. And exclusion amplification is going to be very problematic with my libraries differing in size so much. So I was thinking to moving to the HiSeq2500 or Nextseq 500, as neither use ExAmp tech. And I think they handle larger fragments better? I do have enough material for one more library prep if it comes to that.

Also on the yield front. I think the SpriSelect beads got overdried. I've re-eluted and ddPCR on some of my samples, and it looks like I'm getting around 100 femtomoles per sample, and I'm pooling 24 samples. So I should be good to go.

My samples are RHCE in the attached bio-analyzer traces. Also, any clues what the 280bp peak is?

Method:
    Twelve xenopus embryos were bead beated and snap frozen in trizol, then extracted. 1.5 ug of total RNA was treated with turbo DNAase and then precipitated in 5M LiCl and resupended in H2O. Libraries were then constructed with 1 ug total RNA, with RIN < 8, using the NEBNext Ultra II RNA kit(E7770). Libraries were enriched with Poly-A selection (NEB E7490) and prepped according to the manufacture's protocol, with the insert being 200bp. Adapters were ligated with a five-fold dilution of Truseq DNA Sgl index adapters. The protocol was stopped at the end of adapter ligation, and sent for QC.
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
  • seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:35 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
0 responses