No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextseq 2000 problems?

Hello,

I run a small core facility and we recently traded in our Hiseq 2500 for a Nextseq 2000 and since receiving the instrument ~2 months ago it has been down more than it has been up. Illumina has replaced the compute engine twice, the internal dongle with software authentication keys (which arrived mismatched), and the monitor as well as troubleshooting multiple software and hardware issues that prevented us from starting runs, integrating with basespace for run perfomance monitoring, and performing secondary analysis. We are now experiencing multiple GPU errors leading to the instrument screen going black and non-responsive from an idle state and then hanging on bootup. Illumina seems mystified (but hasn't offered to replace the instrument) so at this point I'm wondering if other people are experiencing these issues? I would appreciate hearing other's experienced with the NExtseq 2000; good or bad! TIA!

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. This seems unusual. Since it is a brand new machine it will get fixed/replaced but you are losing time.

We just got first NS 2K (we have all other types) installed and hope to start using it next week. No red flags so far during installation/validation.
    Last edited by GenoMax; 05-28-2021, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the multiple repairs on this instrument. If it were my instrument, I'd already be fighting hard to have the entire unit replaced or at the very least have them provide a free loaner instrument for a few months.

We've been using our NextSeq 2k for about 5 months now, and haven't had any hardware or software failures.

Comment

Hi,
        From the beginning (2022) of its usage up until now, the NextSeq 2000 at our lab has experienced four separate run failures. Of these, two was due to an error related to the Control Software's failure to initialize with the cartridge, which resulted in a replacement of sensor, while the other two incidents resulted in a complete crash of the CentOS system which we still haven't been able to identify the cause of failure.
        Given the critical role that the NextSeq 2000 plays in our operations, these repeated failures have begun to significantly affect our productivity.
        ​I am surprised that not many post here talking about NextSeq 2000.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses