Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XmaX
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2021
    • 3

    #1

    What indexing should I use?

    I am planning a MiSeq experiment in which I will be doing a PCR mutagenesis of a sequence, with the intention of obtaining just a single mutation in the ~100bp sequence. To do this, I will test 9 different PCR conditions + negative control. The entire sequenced region would be 130-140bp.

    I am having a bit of a hard time thinking about indexing my samples. I am not entirely sure that doing a pair-end run would be very useful. From what I've seen, the majority of primer kits only provide 8 forward primers, and I think I'd need a unique forward and reverse primer in order for the alignment to work. Or, I can do single-sided, which I think would be good enough in my case, but how does it work from a sample preparation point of view - do I just use 10 P7 primers and a single P5 primer for all my samples?

    I am fairly new to NGS and don't know how any of these choices affects data analysis in the later stage.
  • BioDynami
    Registered Vendor
    • Jul 2016
    • 41

    #2
    Dual Unique Index will not hurt, but single index is enough for MiSeq.

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Yesterday, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    9 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    32 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    27 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    47 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...