I am using targeted sequencing designed by Qiagen. I would like to perform a gel run for my samples before measuring them by Qubid and AMPure step. The reason I want to do that is because if I depended ONLY on Qubid I will have a measurement for everything in my sample, while when I run a gel I can see my targeted amplicons based on their size in the gel. Does any one agree with me? if disagree can you tell me why and correct me if I am wrong?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
With a normal ampure cleanup you can get rid of primers. Depending on exactly what you are doing you can do some size selection as well. Typically people will use a bioanalyzer or a tapestation as a final step to QC their library and to quantify it. If you do a gel extraction first you can lose a lot of material and possibly sacrifice the complexity of your library.
-
Thank you for your replay. I want to use the gel just to check the (efficiency) of my PCR that is all. I will not cut it or size select. This is becasue when I measure with quibid I get reading that is much higher than after AMPure which is a very tuff experiance for my sample
as they end up with much lower reading after the AMPure. So I do not know if this low reading becasue my PCR was not working well from the begining or a result of the AMPure step.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
8 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
46 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
54 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment