Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PacBio read lengths.. How long?

Lately we've been running a number of 16-20kb libraries using XL enzyme and C2 chemistry. We're getting 30-35kb reads, and 25kb subreads... Only a few per run, but they definitely improve assembly. The cluster of subreads in the 10-20kb range has gone up considerably also.
    I'm curious what other machines are producing?

Thanks

Wow. That's pretty amazing. This is the first report I've heard of a PacBio system out there getting reads that long at the extreme tail.

Comment

bkingham: Can you post the run time length (# of movies) you are using for these runs?

Comment

Binkham, we have ran some XL enzyme with XL chemistry and saw some pretty nice data as well. A few reads approaching the 30K length like you are seeing. Lots in the 9-15K range. You are running the XL enzyme with the C2 chemistry. Have you also ran XL/XL and how did that compare?
        Looks like this pab bio data is just getting more and more useful

Comment

The best have all been 1x120' movie, hot start with XL enzyme/C2 chemistry/C2 SMRT cell, 16kb library. We haven't tried XL/XL yet... soon.
          It is starting to generate some impressive data
          Attached Files

Comment

We've tried both C2XL and XLXL, and are not yet getting beyond 30kb, but close (with XLXL). Unless you are talking raw-raw (before filtering for high-quality regions)...

Comment

Our results are similar to what flxlex reports. We have tried XLC2 and XLXL using 1x120 movies and got about 20kb-25kb Maximum Mapped Readlength for the XLC2 and 25-30KB for the XLXL (Maximum Mapped Readlength again)

bkingham- are the values you are reporting also Maximum Mapped Readlength?
              Attached Files

Comment

What are you using for size selection?

Comment

Can you share your on plate loading concentrations? We just ran a 20kb library and got very poor ZMW productivity. In my experience from other (shorter) libraries this was because of sub-optimal on plate concentration. We actually have doubled PacBio's recommendations and achieved great results.

Comment

At least for us, we just started using Blue Pippin for size selections.
                    In regards to loading it seems to vary from library to library but for large libraries (>10kb) we have gone as high as 0.06nM on plate concentration

Comment

We are also using BluePippin. I did a titration that PacBio recommended in their 20kb protocol using 150pM, 200pM, and 250pM on plate concentration. Our productive ZMWs were very low. We got >85% empty for each cell and 3, 4, 5% singly loaded for the corresponding titrations. I'm currently working with Pacbio to figure out what went wrong, but any suggestions are helpful!

Comment

I'm a bit confused, tacana, you have said you go as high as 0.06 nM (equiv to 60 pM) and jlj is using the recommended 150 pM from the 20kb protocol for on plate concentrations. I've checked the 20kb protocol and it is suggesting loading almost 10-fold higher concentrations, and as you say run a titration from 150pM-250pM, almost as if it were loading as diffusion. I'm very confused.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion that I may have cause. You are correct for 20kb fragments that have been selected with Pippin we also load 150pM -250pm. For the data that I posted, which was not Pippin selected, I loaded at 0.06nM (60pM).

Comment

My FAS has just confirmed the reason why they recommend to load a 20kb Pippin size-selected library at such high on-plate concentrations is because the larger fragments do not load as well as the smaller ones. This isn't stated in the protocol which can confuse people. Seems strange that a non-size selected library of the same size has a loading concentration of 10 x lower.

Comment

Thanks. All makes sense now. I posted my last post before i read your reply.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses