Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA Internal Control Complex (P6)

Does anyone know if the sequence for the DNA Internal Control Complex is available? This is for P6, part number P/N 100-356-500

All PacBio controls are included in SMRT Analysis, both current and historic.
    Look in <SMRT Analysis>/common/userdata/references/*control*

If you don't have access to SMRT Analysis let me know and I can post the sequence.

Comment

I did find the 2kb_control.fasta file there, but was confused because it is actually not 2kb, if you do a `wc 2kb_control.fasta` you see it is actually 53kb+. I attached the file here. If you happen to have the actual 2kb control sequence that would be great if you could share it.

Best,
      Lenny
      Attached Files

Comment

The file is in an unrolled SMRT Bell format (multiple alternating forward and reverse sequences joined by the sequencing adapter). I'm attaching the edited file i.e. repeat, and adapter sequence removed.
        Attached Files

Comment

Perfect. Thank you!

Comment

rhall, while we're on the subject of controls...

At what point are the control reads identified and removed from the data stream? Is that done during the processing on the instrument? Are the control reads made available for later processing, if I want to do some sort of error analysis?

Thanks,

--SP

Comment

Control reads are only removed in secondary analysis, and even then it depends on the protocol. HGAP Assembly by default does not remove the the control, so it can be used as a control for the assembly procedure. Resequencing and filtering protocols remove the control by default, but this behavior can be changed.

Comment

Where can I get information about how this was constructed... I take it, it is a single defined sequence (form the fast file), but was it derived from a plasmid or SMARTBell adapter and ligation...?

In other words, is there a wet-lab description of how this was made somewhere? Could this be done with a range of insert sizes easily? Does it contain a single priming site? Is this insert barcoded? What organism is the sequence (human, alien, tree, etc...)?

Any info would be helpful?

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses