No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error occured in matchAnnot.py

Hi there,
    A ERROR occurred during running matchAnnot.py by using human genome hg38 and annotation file v.25. The error message said "chromosome 10 not in annotation" but it actually exist in gtf file. However, there is no such a problem when apply genome hg19 and GTF file v.19. I googled it, someone came across the same one but no perfect answer to solve it. Any help would be appreciated!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	matchAnnote.png
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	309112

Originally posted by lingling huang View Post
    Hi there,
    A ERROR occurred during running matchAnnot.py by using human genome hg38 and annotation file v.25. The error message said "chromosome 10 not in annotation" but it actually exist in gtf file. However, there is no such a problem when apply genome hg19 and GTF file v.19. I googled it, someone came across the same one but no perfect answer to solve it. Any help would be appreciated!
    [ATTACH]4493[/ATTACH]

This is really a question for the author of the software, MatchAnnot, Tom Skelly.

Python scripts for matching output of Pacific Biosciences IsoSeq RNA-seq pipeline to an annotation file. - TomSkelly/MatchAnnot

Without seeing your annotations dataset, all I can say is make sure the chromosome names match identically. e.g. (upper case vs lower case characters)

Comment

Originally posted by gconcepcion View Post
      This is really a question for the author of the software, MatchAnnot, Tom Skelly.

Python scripts for matching output of Pacific Biosciences IsoSeq RNA-seq pipeline to an annotation file. - TomSkelly/MatchAnnot

Without seeing your annotations dataset, all I can say is make sure the chromosome names match identically. e.g. (upper case vs lower case characters)
      I have attached screenshot message. Why the result are totally different by using samtools sort and just sort.

Name:	gencode.v25.chr_patch_hapl_scaff.annotation..png
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	305154

Name:	sort.png
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	305155

Name:	matchAnnote25.png
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	305156
      I look the name of chromosome by using basic Unix commands such as:

> cut -f1 gencode.v25.chr_patch_hapl_scaff.annotation.gtf | grep -v '^#' | sort | uniq | less
      chr1
      chr10
      chr11
      chr12
      chr13
      chr14
      chr15
      chr16
      :
      :

etc.

See, chr10 is actually exist. if the name must be chromosome not chr ,I think the error should first be "chromosome 1 not in annotation ".

Comment

Originally posted by lingling huang View Post
        I have attached screenshot message. Why the result are totally different by using samtools sort and just sort.
        [ATTACH]4494[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4495[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4496[/ATTACH]
        I look the name of chromosome by using basic Unix commands such as:

> cut -f1 gencode.v25.chr_patch_hapl_scaff.annotation.gtf | grep -v '^#' | sort | uniq | less
        chr1
        chr10
        chr11
        chr12
        chr13
        chr14
        chr15
        chr16
        :
        :

etc.

See, chr10 is actually exist. if the name must be chromosome not chr ,I think the error should first be "chromosome 1 not in annotation ".
        Again, MatchAnnot was written by a third party developer, your question would be better addressed to the author of the software as an issue in the github page I linked in my first post.

This question has already been asked there in the past:
        While requiring all the chromosome names in the gtf file makes sense, can this error be considered replaced with a warning along with skipping entries from the missing chromosomes? Otherwise it req...

Comment

Originally posted by gconcepcion View Post
          Again, MatchAnnot was written by a third party developer, your question would be better addressed to the author of the software as an issue in the github page I linked in my first post.

This question has already been asked there in the past:
          https://github.com/TomSkelly/MatchAnnot/issues/6
          Thank you for reply! But there was no reply!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses