Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • madonjoe
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 6

    #1

    Sequel data output and productivity

    I just got our newly-installed Sequel up and running and will like to get some feedback on performance metrics people are normally seeing and troubleshooting tips.

    For my first few SMRT cells, I am getting 3-5GB data output for a 10kb library, and P1 is ~30% whereas P2 is ~20%. I am wondering if the data output is on the lower end and what I can do to reduce P2.
  • Ali May
    Member
    • Aug 2016
    • 13

    #2
    This is pretty much what my experience is based on our Sequel runs. How much are you loading? 20% P2 didn't strike me as a problem.

    Originally posted by madonjoe View Post
    I just got our newly-installed Sequel up and running and will like to get some feedback on performance metrics people are normally seeing and troubleshooting tips.

    For my first few SMRT cells, I am getting 3-5GB data output for a 10kb library, and P1 is ~30% whereas P2 is ~20%. I am wondering if the data output is on the lower end and what I can do to reduce P2.

    Comment

    • madonjoe
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2013
      • 6

      #3
      I am loading ~12 pM of 10kb SMRT template. I am also wondering if you have any experience with column purification to remove unbound polymerase and whether it enhances your data quality?

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      31 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      25 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      46 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...