X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECO
    replied
    Just wanted to update this thread to say that the wiki memory issues have hopefully been addressed, so if you had problems adding a tool or service lab please try it again!

Eric (and Dan who did most of the troubleshooting! )

Leave a comment:

• Bardj
    replied
    University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
    Next-Generation Sequencing and Expression Analysis Core Facility

Illumina HiSeq2000
    Affymetrix GeneChip System
    Roche 454 GS FLX Titanium

ubnextgencore.buffalo.edu

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    All I can say is, please keep trying. The errors are intermittent, and I'm trying to isolate the problem now.

Leave a comment:

• Mammon
    replied
    I tried to access the Wiki to add one, but keep getting an Internal Server Error. Anyway, LC Sciences (http://www.lcsciences.com/) performs sequencing and data analysis. I've only used them for analysis but they have an Illumina system that we're planning on using in the future. We've only used the Houston, TX facilities but they have a China address listed as well, in Hangzhou.

Leave a comment:

• dottomarco
    replied
    Dear scalabrin <http://seqanswers.com/forums/member.php?u=4018>,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding and I thank you for pointing this out.
    I din't intend to damage anyone; BMR Genomics is a private company and I was referring to this kind of subjects.

I know that in Italy there are many important genomic research centers that are also offering services.
    Among these there is CRIBI Genomic Center that is where BMR Genomics was born 7 years ago and certainly there is IGA, that is well known and reputed.

But I'm sure you agree that the role and the aim of the two type of subjects is different.

Leave a comment:

• scalabrin
    replied
    Originally posted by dottomarco View Post
    BMR Genomics, Italian leader for Sanger and NGS services
    Dear dottomarco,
    to be honest I would say you are not the Italian leading company neither on Sanger nor on NGS sequencing. I apologize for the rude message but you are damaging IGA (Istituto di Genomica Applicata) and IGA-TS (IGA-Technology Services, that is IGA's commercial spin-off) with this post, see also http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=67
    Last edited by scalabrin; 08-05-2011, 12:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dottomarco
    replied
    BMR Genomics, Italian leader for Sanger and NGS services now offers sequencing on
    454 FLX
    Illumina HiSeq 1000
    SOLiD 5500 XL

and Bioinformatics Analysis services on NGS data.

For information please contact [email protected]
    or visit : www.bmr-genomics.it

Leave a comment:

• tlandon
    replied
    Expression Analysis is now offering PacBio service!

Your clinical genomics service provider for a range of genomic laboratory services to support drug discovery, precision medicine and clinical development.

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    Originally posted by hbn View Post
    so like a general review board about all the sequence providers?
    It would basically allow users to provide feedback on certain services from certain providers, allowing those comments to be aggregated by service or provider or globally, if that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• hbn
    replied
    Heey Dan,

Thanks, so like a general review board about all the sequence providers?

I actually just wanted to know about a specific one, but I wasn't sure if that would agree to the rules of the Forum. I don't want make any anti-promo or something...

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    That was one of the ideas for the wiki, but I never found the time to set it up.

i.e. link a 'Provider' to a 'Service' via a 'Quote' (where Provider, Service and Quote would all be classes of object in the wiki), allowing users to comment on each instance of each class.

It wouldn't be too hard to setup, and the nice thing is that the providers themselves are motivated to input their half of the data... I'll do it if I ever get a spare life, but I'd be happy to try to help people to do it if they are willing to learn SMW/SF.

Leave a comment:

• james hadfield
    replied
    Did you see the recetn post on GenomeWeb about BlueSeq?

What do people think about their model as a middle-man to help get quotes from companies. Would you prefer to get them directly?

Is anyone willing to rate a service provider and still provide their name?

Leave a comment:

• hbn
    replied
    Can I also ask for good / bad experiences that people have had with these companies? I am trying to decide between the different service providers and would like to know which ones not to go with...

Leave a comment:

• ECO
    replied
    I'd like to remind new posters to visit this link...

...and add their info themselves. Please of course check that you're not already there!

Leave a comment:

• jo_mason
    replied
    project enquiries to MGRC can be emailed to:
    [email protected]
    Last edited by jo_mason; 12-08-2010, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses