This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All -
    I'm a GS-FLX/454 user - so don't know about SOLiD or Illumina/Solexa sites.
    However, there are currently 9 sites in Canada with the Roche machines. In addition to the previously mentioned Genome Quebec/McGill (Montreal), Sick Kids/TCAG (Toronto) and BC Genome Science groups, there are machines at the Natl Micro Lab (Winnipeg, MB), University of Guelph (Guelph, ON), University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, SK), McMaster University (Hamilton, ON), Alberta (I think), and our instrument (OAHPP, also in Toronto).
    Although our infrastructure doesn't support commercial/fee-for-service genome sequencing, we are eager to collaborate with other Canadians. So, if you have a project, perhaps we can help.
    Regards,
    David

Comment

Hi Eco,

Hope you are well. how can we update this great spreadsheet you put together of the List of Next Gen Sequencing Service Providers ?

Thanks,
      -Faye

Comment

Hi Faye!

I'm definitely behind on updating the above list, apologies to the community. We could port it to the wiki so multiple people can edit it? I try to go through the thread and update the data in the first post, but clearly that's been inefficient.

Will update now.

-=Eric

Comment

Add them to the Google map! Simple a that.
          James.

Comment

Dear all,

I would like to mention that we recently established genomic sequencing core facility at the New Mexico State University (Biology Department). We have Roche 454 GS-FLX machine installed and currently have very little, if any, of backlog. We also provide bioinformatics services and preliminary data analysis. More information could be found here http://biology.nmsu.edu/

Thanks!

Comment

Commercial vs. Academic Centers

Originally posted by dca View Post
              Hello All -
              I'm a GS-FLX/454 user - so don't know about SOLiD or Illumina/Solexa sites.
              However, there are currently 9 sites in Canada with the Roche machines. In addition to the previously mentioned Genome Quebec/McGill (Montreal), Sick Kids/TCAG (Toronto) and BC Genome Science groups, there are machines at the Natl Micro Lab (Winnipeg, MB), University of Guelph (Guelph, ON), University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, SK), McMaster University (Hamilton, ON), Alberta (I think), and our instrument (OAHPP, also in Toronto).
              Although our infrastructure doesn't support commercial/fee-for-service genome sequencing, we are eager to collaborate with other Canadians. So, if you have a project, perhaps we can help.
              Regards,
              David
              ECO,
              Thanks, I started to do this myself this week and then thought someone must have done it already. Thus this is my first day and first post to SeqAnswers.

I think David's comment that the listed Canadian centers don't have a mandate to support commercial/fee-for-service genome sequencing indicates a clear need for that column in your table of centers. Clearly companies like Complete Genomics is 'For-Profit' as are Ambry Genetics or Eureka Genomics to name a few. On the flip side, many of the centers listed are academic, like the Canadian centers, and may only actually be able to take samples from their associated university.

I'd be happy to help edit the list of commercial companies if you go to the wiki idea.

John
              Last edited by JClouston; 05-05-2010, 09:25 AM. Reason: signature did not get applied to post.
              John Clouston
              Real Time Genomics Inc.

Comment

Many academic centers will take all comers, so please don't just filter on for profit vs academic.

Comment

Updated...!

Comment

So I just ported this updated data to the wiki.

Next_Gen_Sequencing_Service_Providers

Please feel free to add new locations, if anyone has trouble with wiki-markup we can probably add a form to enable insertion of new data.

Discuss any wiki problems, etc in the Wiki Forum.

Comment

The Google map of next-gen seqeuncers has more than 1000 instruments! We are getting close to Jay Flatley's 1500 figure so thanks to everyone for contributing.

James and Nick.

Comment

Illumina GAIIx Core, OH

Dear All,

The Nucleic Acid Shared Resource (NASR) Illumina GAIIx Core from The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center –Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute.

NASR provides single-read and long- and short-insert, paired-end reads for genome sequencing, transcriptome analysis, and gene regulation and epigenetic profiling.

Learn about the resources available at the OSUCCC – James to provide cancer researchers expert support, specialized training & state-of-the-art instrumentation.

Regards,

María Katherine Mejia-Guerra

Comment

Greetings all. Centrillion Biosciences is offering Illumina sequencing and bioinformatics support. We can also do the upfront library work, target enrichment, RNA work, etc. I am happy to talk with anyone about their project.

Please email me or give me a call.
                          thanks!
                          Bob

Robert A. Feldman, Ph.D.
                          VP Scientific Affairs
                          Centrillion Biosciences
                          110 Pioneer Way, Suite F
                          Mountain View, CA 94041

ph: 831-818-4505
                          fax: 650-318-3383

http://www.centrillionbio.com

[email protected]

Comment

Expression Analysis

Expression Analysis will become Pacific Biosciences 1st commercial service provider and their recommended service provider for the pharmaceutical industry. The instrument is scheduled to ship in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Xcelris Labs in india www.xcelrislabs.com, SOLiD 454, GAII

Comment

Easih

The Eastern Sequence amd Informatic Hub (EASIH), Cambridge University, situated at Addenbrookes hospital has just opened for business. We have 3 SOLid, one GAIIx and a 454.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses