X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now accepting outside business

Hello all,

The University of Virginia Genomics Core Facility has recently been authorized to accept outside customers. We have one 454 GS FLX at this time. For all inquires regarding experimental design, projects costs, or to simply ask questions about the technology please don't hesitate to contact me:

John Chuckalovcak, M.S.
    Operations Manager
    Genomics Core Facility
    jpc7b (at) virginia.edu

University of Virginia
    Dept. of Biology
    P.O. Box 400328
    Charlottesville, VA 22904
    Last edited by UVA_454; 06-10-2010, 12:49 PM.
    ---
    John

Comment

Hi all

Sandor Proteomics Pvt Ltd for Illumina GAIIx based services. Currently performing de-novo sequencing and assembly of Buffalo and Goat genomes.

Contact

Tony Jose
      (Scientist- Next Generation Sequencing)
      [email protected]
      +919899702832
      Sandor Medicaids, is a medical device and drugs marketing & distribution with a focus on making high-tech biomedical and biotechnology products accessible.
      Last edited by tony.sandor; 06-17-2010, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Hi, all

Columbia University Medical School's Deep Sequencing Core Facility is offering 454, illumina and SOLiD sequencing and bioinformatics analysis.

The Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC), located in New York City, is dedicated to discovering, designing, and delivering cancer care to all those affected by cancer.

The Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC), located in New York City, is dedicated to discovering, designing, and delivering cancer care to all those affected by cancer.

Ryan Kim, PhD
        Associate Research Scientist
        Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
        Columbia University Medical Center
        1130 St. Nicholas Ave
        New York, NY 10032

Comment

Thanks for all the updates folks, however I would LOVE it if you would add your own facility to the wiki page: http://seqanswers.com/wiki/Next_Gen_...vice_Providers

I will eventually update the first post in the thread but this list is growing faster than I can manually update it, and would hope the wiki format is more conducive to people adding their own data. Thanks!

Comment

very excellent job! thanks for hard working!!

Comment

ShanghaiBio Corporation(http://www.shanghaibio.com

ABI SOLiD/Solexa/454

Comment

Originally posted by lcollado View Post
                Hello,

Unidad Universitaria de Secuenciación Masiva
                Illumina GAII at UUSM from UNAM, Mexico. First one in Latino America

Greetings,
                Leonardo

PS Website is not complete, but they are working on it.
                Just posting a minor update. The name changed a little bit from UUSM to:

Unidad Universitaria de Secuenciación Masiva de DNA
                L. Collado Torres, Ph.D. student in Biostatistics.

Comment

NxGenBio Life Sciences is please to announce offering of Next Gen Sequencing services on 454 & Illumina GA platforms in India, we also offer target enrichment services on Agilent sureselect Technology.

Contact us at the following:
                  [email protected]
                  +911142408486

Comment

Can I add in Malaysian Genomics Resource Centre

They provide both the NGS sequencing (Illumina HiSeq, and Roche/454 top be added shortly) and Bioinformatics
                    Jo Mason

[email protected]

Comment

• project enquiries to MGRC can be emailed to:
                      [email protected]
                      Last edited by jo_mason; 12-08-2010, 07:46 PM.
                      Jo Mason

[email protected]

Comment

• I'd like to remind new posters to visit this link...

...and add their info themselves. Please of course check that you're not already there!

Comment

• Can I also ask for good / bad experiences that people have had with these companies? I am trying to decide between the different service providers and would like to know which ones not to go with...

Comment

• Did you see the recetn post on GenomeWeb about BlueSeq?

What do people think about their model as a middle-man to help get quotes from companies. Would you prefer to get them directly?

Is anyone willing to rate a service provider and still provide their name?

Comment

• That was one of the ideas for the wiki, but I never found the time to set it up.

i.e. link a 'Provider' to a 'Service' via a 'Quote' (where Provider, Service and Quote would all be classes of object in the wiki), allowing users to comment on each instance of each class.

It wouldn't be too hard to setup, and the nice thing is that the providers themselves are motivated to input their half of the data... I'll do it if I ever get a spare life, but I'd be happy to try to help people to do it if they are willing to learn SMW/SF.
                              Homepage: Dan Bolser
                              MetaBase the database of biological databases.

Comment

• Heey Dan,

Thanks, so like a general review board about all the sequence providers?

I actually just wanted to know about a specific one, but I wasn't sure if that would agree to the rules of the Forum. I don't want make any anti-promo or something...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses