Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mapreads and IUB mapping

Has anyone tried using mapreads with a IUB coded reference? I am having problems here because there are less mappings with the IUB coded reference than a reference without IUB codes.

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: I didn't think IUB codes in the reference -- and thus mapreads -- were allowed. The corona lite manual mentions that the sequence part of the reference "should contain only A, C, G, N, T, and newline" characters. Uppercase only. The program 'reference_validation.pl' will create a valid sequence.

But I am not running the latest and greatest Corona Lite version yet.

Comment

Originally posted by OneManArmy View Post
      Has anyone tried using mapreads with a IUB coded reference? I am having problems here because there are less mappings with the IUB coded reference than a reference without IUB codes.
      What application are you trying to use IUB codes with? For example, in Human data there should not be too big of a hit on coverage if you don't use IUB codes (informed say from dbsnp) as long as your sensitivity is high (most aligners allow you to increase the sensitivity at the cost of some speed).

I think the lack of support of IUB codes (from my own experience as an alignment algorithm designer) is that there is a significant speed decrease to support them, whereas sensitivity can overcome this (I don't know if the speed decrease is the same).

Comment

This is a very specific application with a very small reference - AB's documentation shows there is a 30% decrease in performance with IUB enabled, and this is acceptable for my use.

I tried using the newest mapreads on solidsoftwaretools.com, and also with the mapreads that comes with SATS 3.0 (they are the same version 1.1.9). There is some mention of IUB codes with the matching random pipeline, so I thought it would work but obviously it is buggy.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
          by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
          05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
        • seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 07:03 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
        0 responses