Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nagesh
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 3

    #1

    Ray : Segmentation fault (11)

    Hello,

    I am trying to run Ray to do hybrid assembly of Illumina (paired end data) and Roche 454 data. I am running the program on server with 64 cores and 512GB RAM

    I ran the sample data in Ray; which is working fine.
    When I give my data, the program is producing Contigs.fasta output but, giving error before scaffolding.

    I ran the following command
    $ mpiexec -n 20 ray-build/Ray -k 31 -p mp_R1_trimmed_q20_p100_clipped.fastq mp_R2_trimmed_q20_p100_clipped.fastq -s 454.fastq -o kmer_31_out

    After contig buildng program gave the following fault while scaffolding

    *** Process received signal ***
    Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
    Signal code: Address not mapped (1)
    Failing at address: 0x15b710
    [ 0] /lib64/libpthread.so.0() [0x3dbd00f500]
    [ 1] ray-build/Ray(_ZNK4Read6lengthEv+0) [0x50a9b0]
    [ 2] ray-build/Ray(_ZN16MessageProcessor33call_RAY_MPI_TAG_GET_READ_MARKERSEP7Message+0x9f) [0x49c09f]
    [ 3] ray-build/Ray(_ZN11ComputeCore10runVanillaEv+0x61) [0x532351]
    [ 4] ray-build/Ray(_ZN11ComputeCore3runEv+0x6e) [0x53379e]
    [ 5] ray-build/Ray(_ZN7Machine5startEv+0x1697) [0x4487a7]
    [ 6] ray-build/Ray(main+0x3a) [0x443bba]
    [ 7] /lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xfd) [0x3dbc41ecdd]
    [ 8] ray-build/Ray() [0x443a89]
    *** End of error message ***
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mpiexec noticed that process rank 19 with PID 21982 on node pragnya exited on signal 11 (Segmentation fault).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I tried to run the program with different number of ranks and kmers. But still stoping at scaffolding stage.

    Can anyone please help
  • raw937
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 18

    #2
    Ray:segmentation fault (11)

    So, a question as
    I am having the same problem.
    I think its an open mpi error.
    Run Top - do you see if all 20 cores are running Ray?

    In my case, only one is running causing the error.

    Double check and get back to me?

    cheers
    Rick

    Comment

    • Nagesh
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 3

      #3
      RE : Ray : Segmentation fault (11)

      Hi,

      As you suggested, it is an open mpi fault. But when I run the program I see 20 cores being used for initial period of about 1 hour. The program stops after the contig building. The contigs are not scaffolded because of this error

      Comment

      • dorix
        Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 13

        #4
        Hi,
        I have the same problem. Has anyone managed to solve it?

        Interesting fact is that I have managed to finish many samples with the same machine, mpi, settings, comparable complexity and size... This one refuses to cooperate.

        Regards

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        10 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        32 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        48 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...