Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to determine a snp ?

hi, i resequenced a mutated bacteria genome, and want to detect the mutation information. at a position, i found half of the reads mapped are different from the reference, and half are the same . so some software reported it as snp, and some not. how to determine it as a SNP. how did this happened.
    thanks.

It could be a heterozygous SNP. Also errors can/will always occur (in sequencing, mapping), you might want to look at quality values as well.

Comment

Hi,

if you encounter an interesting SNP in your analysis, the quickest way to determine if it's real or not would be to confirm it with an independant method like PCR + Sanger ...
      Nicolas Tremblay
      Graduate Student

Cardiovascular Genetics - Andelfinger Lab
      CHU Ste-Justine Research Center

Comment

If you have a very small number of SNPs, validate them by eye. Display the alignments at the SNP position and see if the call makes sense. Ultimately of course validate via sanger.
        -drd

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by drio View Post
          If you have a very small number of SNPs, validate them by eye. Display the alignments at the SNP position and see if the call makes sense. Ultimately of course validate via sanger.
          yes, i did it by eye through Tablet. i found some reads aligned are A and some aligned are G. if all these reads are unique, how should i determinate? thaks

Comment

Post here a screenshot of the alignments (tablet) for one of the snps and then we can discuss. The original SAM alignments for the SNP would help also.
            -drd

Comment

Working...
            X