No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuffdiff not performing splicing tests and promoter tests

Hi all,

I am using cufflinks package to look for differentially spliced exons. The pipeline I followed is tophat -> cufflinks -> cuffmerge/cuffcompare(tried with both) -> cuffdiff.
    Result on command line is like this :-

Performed 23758 isoform-level transcription difference tests
    Performed 20313 tss-level transcription difference tests
    Performed 18306 gene-level transcription difference tests
    Performed 17903 CDS-level transcription difference tests
    Performed 0 splicing tests
    Performed 0 promoter preference tests
    Performing 0 relative CDS output tests
    Writing isoform-level FPKM tracking
    Writing TSS group-level FPKM tracking
    Writing gene-level FPKM tracking
    Writing CDS-level FPKM tracking
    Writing isoform-level count tracking
    Writing TSS group-level count tracking
    Writing gene-level count tracking
    Writing CDS-level count tracking
    Writing isoform-level read group tracking
    Writing TSS group-level read group tracking
    Writing gene-level read group tracking
    Writing CDS-level read group tracking
    Writing read group info
    Writing run info

Command I used to run cuffdiff is :-
    ./cuffdiff --no-update-check -o day0 -p 2 -N -b /home/Vaibhav/Alt_transcriptome_data/ws230/ws230.fa -u merged_asm/merged.gtf /home/Vaibhav/Alt_transcriptome_data/new/again_X_day0/accepted_hits.bam /home/Vaibhav/Alt_transcriptome_data/new/again_Y_day0/accepted_hits.bam

I have no replicates of the sample. Now I am getting some differential results for gene, cds and isoform but getting nothing for splicing and promoter something I am interested in. I also tried lowering c option till 2, but got the same result.Can someone please suggest me what should I do so that cuffdiff performs splicing tests.
    Really in need of the differential spliced exons for my data.

Thanks a lot

hi vaibhav_jain,

did you solve the problem? I having similar issues and can't for the life of me figure out what is going on.

Comment

Hi, vaibhav_jain and krespim:
      Have you solved the problem? This has puzzled me almost one week. Why cuffdiff performed 0 splicing test?

Comment

Originally posted by leifive View Post
        Hi, vaibhav_jain and krespim:
        Have you solved the problem? This has puzzled me almost one week. Why cuffdiff performed 0 splicing test?

Not really a solution, but when I load the results in cuffdiff I do get DE isoforms. Do try that. Maybe it is just a bug in the reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by krespim View Post
          Not really a solution, but when I load the results in cuffdiff I do get DE isoforms. Do try that. Maybe it is just a bug in the reporting.
          Thanks for your reply, krespim. But I don't think this is just a bug in the reporting, because there is no "OK" status in my splicing.diff file from Cuffdiff, but NOTEST or LOWDATA instead. And I have tried both combined.gtf and merged.gtf as input of cuffdiff, results are almost the same.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, krespim. But I don't think this is just a bug in the reporting, because there is no "OK" status in my splicing.diff file from Cuffdiff, but NOTEST or LOWDATA instead. And I have tried both combined.gtf and merged.gtf as input of cuffdiff, results are almost the same.

Well, I can't help much further but I can tell you what I end up doing. As I am working with species that have relative well annotated genomes/transcriptomes (Homo sapiens and Mus musculus), I forego the initial cufflinks step and go straight to cufdiff after mapping using the gtf provided in iGenomes as a reference. Here are my settings:

# cuffdiff v2.0.2

$cuffdiff -L "GFP,KD" -o $cuff_output -p 8 -u $gtfFile $gfp_a,$gfp_b $srsf1_a,$srsf1_b

And that seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by krespim View Post
              Well, I can't help much further but I can tell you what I end up doing. As I am working with species that have relative well annotated genomes/transcriptomes (Homo sapiens and Mus musculus), I forego the initial cufflinks step and go straight to cufdiff after mapping using the gtf provided in iGenomes as a reference. Here are my settings:

# cuffdiff v2.0.2

$cuffdiff -L "GFP,KD" -o $cuff_output -p 8 -u $gtfFile $gfp_a,$gfp_b $srsf1_a,$srsf1_b

And that seems to work.
              Thanks krespim. I have solved the problem by going back to Cufflinks 1.3.0, and I'm not sure whether there is a bug in the lastest version of Cufflinks or something incompatible in my reference file. However, it's done now.

Comment

Update

Thanks krespim. I have solved the problem by going back to Cufflinks 1.3.0, and I'm not sure whether there is a bug in the lastest version of Cufflinks or something incompatible in my reference file. However, it's done now.
                I went back to my notes - because I had to run cuffdiff again - and the problem seems to occur when the annotation gft is not a cufflinks output or from iGenomes (not 100% sure about iGenomes though). The reason is that to perform the splicing tests the gtf needs to have some extra annotated features.

Solution: run cuffcompare in the orginal gtf.
                cuffcompare -s hg19.fasta -CG -r EnsemblGene-67.gtf EnsemblGene-67.gtf

This will create a cuff* ready annotation file.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses