Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vaibhav_jain
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 6

    #1

    cuffdiff not performing splicing tests and promoter tests

    Hi all,

    I am using cufflinks package to look for differentially spliced exons. The pipeline I followed is tophat -> cufflinks -> cuffmerge/cuffcompare(tried with both) -> cuffdiff.
    Result on command line is like this :-

    Performed 23758 isoform-level transcription difference tests
    Performed 20313 tss-level transcription difference tests
    Performed 18306 gene-level transcription difference tests
    Performed 17903 CDS-level transcription difference tests
    Performed 0 splicing tests
    Performed 0 promoter preference tests
    Performing 0 relative CDS output tests
    Writing isoform-level FPKM tracking
    Writing TSS group-level FPKM tracking
    Writing gene-level FPKM tracking
    Writing CDS-level FPKM tracking
    Writing isoform-level count tracking
    Writing TSS group-level count tracking
    Writing gene-level count tracking
    Writing CDS-level count tracking
    Writing isoform-level read group tracking
    Writing TSS group-level read group tracking
    Writing gene-level read group tracking
    Writing CDS-level read group tracking
    Writing read group info
    Writing run info

    Command I used to run cuffdiff is :-
    ./cuffdiff --no-update-check -o day0 -p 2 -N -b /home/Vaibhav/Alt_transcriptome_data/ws230/ws230.fa -u merged_asm/merged.gtf /home/Vaibhav/Alt_transcriptome_data/new/again_X_day0/accepted_hits.bam /home/Vaibhav/Alt_transcriptome_data/new/again_Y_day0/accepted_hits.bam

    I have no replicates of the sample. Now I am getting some differential results for gene, cds and isoform but getting nothing for splicing and promoter something I am interested in. I also tried lowering c option till 2, but got the same result.Can someone please suggest me what should I do so that cuffdiff performs splicing tests.
    Really in need of the differential spliced exons for my data.

    Thanks a lot
  • krespim
    Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 49

    #2
    hi vaibhav_jain,

    did you solve the problem? I having similar issues and can't for the life of me figure out what is going on.

    Comment

    • leifive
      Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 10

      #3
      Hi, vaibhav_jain and krespim:
      Have you solved the problem? This has puzzled me almost one week. Why cuffdiff performed 0 splicing test?

      Comment

      • krespim
        Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 49

        #4
        Originally posted by leifive View Post
        Hi, vaibhav_jain and krespim:
        Have you solved the problem? This has puzzled me almost one week. Why cuffdiff performed 0 splicing test?

        Not really a solution, but when I load the results in cuffdiff I do get DE isoforms. Do try that. Maybe it is just a bug in the reporting.

        Comment

        • leifive
          Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 10

          #5
          Originally posted by krespim View Post
          Not really a solution, but when I load the results in cuffdiff I do get DE isoforms. Do try that. Maybe it is just a bug in the reporting.
          Thanks for your reply, krespim. But I don't think this is just a bug in the reporting, because there is no "OK" status in my splicing.diff file from Cuffdiff, but NOTEST or LOWDATA instead. And I have tried both combined.gtf and merged.gtf as input of cuffdiff, results are almost the same.

          Comment

          • krespim
            Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 49

            #6
            Originally posted by leifive View Post
            Thanks for your reply, krespim. But I don't think this is just a bug in the reporting, because there is no "OK" status in my splicing.diff file from Cuffdiff, but NOTEST or LOWDATA instead. And I have tried both combined.gtf and merged.gtf as input of cuffdiff, results are almost the same.

            Well, I can't help much further but I can tell you what I end up doing. As I am working with species that have relative well annotated genomes/transcriptomes (Homo sapiens and Mus musculus), I forego the initial cufflinks step and go straight to cufdiff after mapping using the gtf provided in iGenomes as a reference. Here are my settings:

            # cuffdiff v2.0.2

            $cuffdiff -L "GFP,KD" -o $cuff_output -p 8 -u $gtfFile $gfp_a,$gfp_b $srsf1_a,$srsf1_b

            And that seems to work.

            Comment

            • leifive
              Member
              • Mar 2013
              • 10

              #7
              Originally posted by krespim View Post
              Well, I can't help much further but I can tell you what I end up doing. As I am working with species that have relative well annotated genomes/transcriptomes (Homo sapiens and Mus musculus), I forego the initial cufflinks step and go straight to cufdiff after mapping using the gtf provided in iGenomes as a reference. Here are my settings:

              # cuffdiff v2.0.2

              $cuffdiff -L "GFP,KD" -o $cuff_output -p 8 -u $gtfFile $gfp_a,$gfp_b $srsf1_a,$srsf1_b

              And that seems to work.
              Thanks krespim. I have solved the problem by going back to Cufflinks 1.3.0, and I'm not sure whether there is a bug in the lastest version of Cufflinks or something incompatible in my reference file. However, it's done now.

              Comment

              • krespim
                Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 49

                #8
                Update

                Originally posted by leifive View Post
                Thanks krespim. I have solved the problem by going back to Cufflinks 1.3.0, and I'm not sure whether there is a bug in the lastest version of Cufflinks or something incompatible in my reference file. However, it's done now.
                I went back to my notes - because I had to run cuffdiff again - and the problem seems to occur when the annotation gft is not a cufflinks output or from iGenomes (not 100% sure about iGenomes though). The reason is that to perform the splicing tests the gtf needs to have some extra annotated features.

                Solution: run cuffcompare in the orginal gtf.
                cuffcompare -s hg19.fasta -CG -r EnsemblGene-67.gtf EnsemblGene-67.gtf

                This will create a cuff* ready annotation file.

                Comment

                Latest Articles

                Collapse

                • SEQadmin2
                  New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                  by SEQadmin2


                  Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                  We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                  ...
                  Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                • SEQadmin2
                  How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                  by SEQadmin2




                  The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                  This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                  09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                ad_right_rmr

                Collapse

                News

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                0 responses
                9 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                0 responses
                31 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                0 responses
                27 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                47 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post pekgio
                by pekgio
                 
                Working...