Hi all, while looking for SNPs for virus quasispecies in a badnavirus using RNA that was gel-excised with maximum length of 100, maybe 200 bp I find definitive read alignment hotspots to the master genome in all 3 samples. generally people have been finding these hotspots in the populations of siRNA of 21,22 or 24 nt length, products of silencing. however the hotspots I find are in the slightly longer reads. Sequencing ran for 36 cycles, so they are 36 nt long. Also, 90+% of these reads with potential lengths between 30 and 100 nt are aligning to the sense strand. I am trying to come up with an explanation for these two things and drawing a blank. I am not a virologist or even microbiologist, so am I missing something obvious? I apologize if this is not the place to ask this question, and would appreciate any answers or other places to ask this question.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
36 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
36 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|