No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exon-Junction mapping: re-assigning CDS-mapped reads to chromosomes

Hi,

I am working with RNA-SEQ data and want to align SOLiD reads using publicly available software. Tophat cannot handle SOLiD reads, so I am going with Bowtie. But the problem is the mapping of exon-junctions. For this, I downloaded the REF-SEQ cDNA sequences from UCSC.

So my strategy is to first use align the reads to the genome (chromosomes) and then align the remaining unmapped reads to REF-SEQ cDNA sequences. Subsequently, I want to re-assign the "REF-SEQ cDNA aligned reads" to the chromosomal sequences, so that I can use the alignments with program like Cufflinks, to find enrichment.

My question is regarding re-assigning the "REF-SEQ cDNA aligned reads" to the chromosomal sequences? Is there a tool available for this? Is there a program available apart from Cufflinks to find the enrichment of reads/compare two experiments?

Thankyou for your suggestions!

There are many programas for differential expression analysis in RNA-seq data. My favorites are edgeR and DEseq. Both are R packages, but they are well documented and easy to run, even for a R begginer like me.

You should input the raw read counts to these programs, so you could sum the number of reads mapped to genome and mapped to reference transcripts, summarizing this information for each locus, without counting twice reads that map to both genome and transcript.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses