Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • crocky
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 4

    #1

    Alternative DNA elution for ChIPseq

    Dear all,
    I am performing ChIPseq experiments, and I am looking for an alternative for phenol-chloroform-isoamylalcohol elution/precipitation after the IP. I have tried Qiagen columns, but the recovery is 1/10 of phenol:chloroform:isoamylalcohol (measured by Qubit) . As I am quite restricted in starting material I cannot use more . Does anyone of you have experience with AMPURE XP beads at this step? I am wondering whether they will preform well, as DNA concentration is rather low (should be ~0.05 ng/µl at this step), and size is rather low as well (50 to >1000 bp, but enrichment between 100 - 500 bp).

    Reasons that I want to omit the phenol stuff is problems with automated subsequent library preparation caused by tiniest amounts of residual phenol, and that I am pregnant.

    Thanks a lot for your help!
  • Veleno
    Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 16

    #2
    Diagenode IPure works well for me; the only downside is that you recover more background crap so you may want to be a bit more stringent in your washes.
    It's cheaper than the Qiagen per reaction too and does not perform any size selection.

    Comment

    • Chipper
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 323

      #3
      Ampure works with low conc (I have sucessfully used it for library preps where it was below the Qubit detection limit) but I am not sure if recovery is affected by the SDS concentration in the elution buffer. I would try with a lower elution volume (eg 50 ul), and perhaps test the recovery with some input DNA at varying concentration in IPEB first.

      Comment

      • epigeneticfan
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2012
        • 4

        #4
        I use Diagenode IPure after ChIP and MeDIP. My concentration is usually 1 ng per µl after MeDIP but i managed to purify a fragment of 350 bp at the concentration of 2.7 ng in 100 µl with a recovery of 75% compare to phenol-chloroform. Moreover, the elution buffer of IPure kit doesn’t contain any detergent and salt which is useful for any downstream application like library preparation. Based on my own experience, I did not observe any increased background when comparing IPure to Qiagen column purification for the H3K4me3 histone mark.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        11 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        34 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        28 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        48 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...