No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyrotags interfering with 16S amplification

Hello!

I am having A LOT of trouble getting amplification from bar-coded primers using the Lib-L library set up. I have 9 biofilm extractions and attempting to create 9 tagged libraries for a 454 run. I am using 515F and 909R for my template specific primers. My biofilm sample amplify quite well using an annealing temperature of 56 using the STANDARD primers (i.e. no tags). However when I attempt the reaction using tagged forward primers 1-8 and the reverse pyrotaged 909R I have no amplification. The odd thing is that using forward primer number 9 I am able to achieve amplification on all of the samples.

Could there be something about the bar-codes used in relation to the different templates? I ordered the primers from invetrogen even though Roche suggests IDTdna. Not sure that maters...

Also, I used a 1:10 dillution of PCR product from the standard primer set as template for the tagged reactions 1-8 and was able to get some rough looking non-specificy-amplification along with a band in the right spot. However I would like to amplify directly from the template.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have been doing this kind of research for 10 years and have never come across a problem like this. Tested everything I could imagine to test/check/swap/recheck. Killing me.

Thanks

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
  • seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
0 responses