Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ash_5760
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 3

    #1

    Input DNA smaller than ChIP DNA

    Hi all,
    I will be doing ChIP-seq for several transcription factors and I am in the ChIP process now. I have done sonication using the covaris S2 along with microTubes w/AFA that hold 130ul. I sonicated 1x10^7 cells in 130ul and did a time course at 10% duty cycle, 200 cycles/burst, intensity=5. I ended up using an 8min sonication with these conditions to shear to ~200-800bp fragments. I did ChIP for 2 different TFs in parallel and when I ran them out on the bioanalyzer, I saw that the input was sheared to 200-300bp but the ChIP peaks were from 2000-7000bp. I am wondering why I am not pulling down anything in the 200-800bp range? I attached the bioA image where the first 8 lanes are the ChIPs and lanes 9 and 10 are the inputs. I am planning to make illumina libraries and sequence samples so my concern is that when I do the size selection step using the TruSeq ChIP kit, I will not have a very complex library (if I have one at all). I would really appreciate any help on this. Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • Chipper
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 323

    #2
    The BioAnalyzer does not have the sensitivity to detect unamplified ChIP samples in most cases.

    Comment

    • ash_5760
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 3

      #3
      So then what is the high molecular weight band?

      Comment

      • Hamid
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 108

        #4
        Hi Ashely,

        As we discussed on the phone, you are:
        1. using too many cells for the microTUBE. The microTUBE is designed for only processing nuclei from 3 million cells or less in the 130ul volume. You will need to process 10^7 cells in 1ml volume using our 12x12 tube.
        2. you are using the wrong settings. when processing in microTUBEs, we have optimized a setting of 2%duty cycle/3 intensity/200cpb for the initial time course.

        Thank you

        Hamid

        Comment

        • ash_5760
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 3

          #5
          Hi Hamid,

          If your "optimizations" worked, there wouldn't be any issues...as we discussed. Repetition in a forum is not helpful.

          -Ashley

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          14 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          37 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          28 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          48 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...