No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mRNA fragmentation/weird Bioanalyzer profile

Hello everybody
    I'm going to prepare RNAseq libraries from cassava. First I did was purify mRNA from my samples using polydT(25) beads (life technologies). Then using 5x First Strand Buffer (Invitrogen) I incubated the samples at 94C for different times (2, 5 and 7 minutes). I sent this samples to Bioanalyzer before first strand cDNA synthesis and the profile is really weird. There's a peak around 200 bp (so the fragmentation seems to be good, especially 5 and 7 min: 2 was not enough) but the peak itself and the baseline are very noisy (distorted). I've read that can be a problem with the chip itself, but also because of not enough washing after the fragmentation. The thing is that the protocol I'm following doesn't not incluse a washing after this fragmentation. What do you think about this profile?. Any suggestion of what to do with these samples?. Thanks!
    Attached Files

You would expect to see a smooth electropherogram if sample does not contain much salt. Samples containing first strand buffer (especially in sensitive Pico Chip) are expected to run as the profiles shown. Also, the actual sizes will be a bit larger than shown because salts accelerate nucleic acids migration in Chip.

There is no need to do a clean-up if the protocol does not call for it because the buffer composition would be part of the next step in protocol. RT reaction will be primed with random hexamers and because they will prime from different regions from RNA the final library inserts will be shorter than RNA fragment length. I think you can go ahead following the kit protocol.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
    0 responses