No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covaris M220 out-of-box use?

Hi all,

We have recently got a Covaris M220 with the NGS Microtube Starter kit.

I am going to use the settings for 500bp peak using the microTUBE AFA Fiber Screw-Cap as advised here: http://covarisinc.com/wp-content/uploads/pn_010166.pdf.

Has anyone used these settings and tube? If so, do you know an ideal DNA concentration to use these settings at? I realise that I will be doing some range-finding experiments, but if I got an idea of a starting point it would be very helpful.

Many thanks.

Originally posted by Squall View Post
    Hi all,

We have recently got a Covaris M220 with the NGS Microtube Starter kit.

I am going to use the settings for 500bp peak using the microTUBE AFA Fiber Screw-Cap as advised here: http://covarisinc.com/wp-content/uploads/pn_010166.pdf.

Has anyone used these settings and tube? If so, do you know an ideal DNA concentration to use these settings at? I realise that I will be doing some range-finding experiments, but if I got an idea of a starting point it would be very helpful.

Many thanks.
    The stock protocols work really well for what they are - if you deviate from recommended concentrations (protocols on Covaris Website) then you start to have to experiment.

Comment

Thanks cement_head.

On the protocol (the one I found anyway) it states to use DNA from 100ng to 5ug - bit of a wide range. I am assuming that the shearing will be more efficient at the lower concentrations, just not sure where to start as the tubes seem quite expensive to do a wide range-finding experiment. Will probably try the middle somewhere.

Thanks!

Comment

If they say the range then its good for the range. We've only had issues with concentractions and volumes outside of recommendations & then what we done is "empirical" testing.

The tubes ARE expensive, but they focus the energy in an exact manner and it gets you the best results...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses