Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blackknight
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2014
    • 2

    #1

    GUIDE-seq oligo design

    Hi everyone,

    I am trying to understand how the primers were designed for the GUIDE-seq protocol:

    GUIDE-seq enables genome-wide profiling of off-target cleavage by CRISPR-Cas nucleases


    The protocol states that I should use either sense or antisense primers, but it looks like to me that if I only use the sense primers I will get a very small PCR product only containing the ODN and other parts of the oligo and no information about the sequence next to the ODN.

    To me it looks like that GSP1-sense does not fit with the GSP2-sense primer. The GSP1-sense primer aligns with the GSP2-anti oligo.

    Can anyone explain how it works? I have attached a PDF of my alignments.

    Thanks,

    Anders
    Attached Files
  • captainentropy
    Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 89

    #2
    You'll capture DNA adjacent to one-side of the oligo integration site whichever direction you choose to use. We went with the negative strand primer as GSP1(-) will have a longer contact with the ODN (29 bases vs. 22). Our thinking was the longer stretch will be marginally more stable and thus improve the capture. But we got good data with the (+) as well.

    I need to write things out to see what's going on with these types of assays so here's what I was constructed. I think it's accurate, so if you find an error just PM me.
    Attached Files

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Today, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    27 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    24 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    45 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
    1 response
    55 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...