I’m wondering about the in-solution SureSelect library to prepped sample ratio. The SureSelect protocol states “The ratio of SureSelect capture library to prepped library is critical for successful capture”. What ratio we’re talking about here? I suppose it is the molar bait to target ratio? So then when I have a 4x tilled bait design, can I decrease the Sureselect capture library weight by two? Furthermore, when I enrich a species like e.g. Arabidopsis, which is >10x smaller then human, then the molar bait to target ratio also increases doesn’t it?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Hi,
There is some useful information in the MYselect manual (a system not dissimilar to Agilent's SureSelect), where they actually give you such details as the bait concentration and numbers of molecules in the bait library versus target (details notably absent from any Agilent protocols).
Should be particularly useful if you are scaling your reactions up or down, doing multiplex capture reactions or using custom libraries.
The MYselect protocol manual can be downloaded from here:
and no, I don't work for them (although I'll probably be trying out their system for myself pretty soon)!
Good luck!
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
-
by SEQadmin2
The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.
This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...-
Channel: Articles
09-01-2026, 05:41 AM -
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
12 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Yesterday, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment