Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SunPenguin
    Member
    • Aug 2015
    • 38

    #1

    Concentrating DNA using SPRI

    I've heard from some people that SPRI is not a great way to concentrate DNA products. I usually use 0.6x SPRI on 40-50 uL of PCR product and elute into 30-40uL of water. I am wondering if I could concentrate the product further by just using lower volume of water (or TE, or any elution buffer), like maybe 10uL. Anyone here has any experience doing that? A lot of protocols seem to suggest putting the elutted product on a column to concentrate, which I think kinda defeats the purpose of using SPRI...
  • microgirl123
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 199

    #2
    I usually take a 50 ul PCR reaction and elute into 22.5 ul. Ten ul seems extreme - you may have problems pipetting up the liquid without beads.

    Comment

    • jdk787
      josh kinman
      • Apr 2014
      • 72

      #3
      I elute 50 uL PCR products in 20 uL pretty regularly without any issues or loss in yield. When going below 20 uL, I start to see a drop in total recovery.
      Josh Kinman

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      12 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      35 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...