No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeoPrep Indices

Hello
    I got a mRNA kit for NeoPrep, the Illumina automated Library prep system. As you may know it only has 24 unique indices
    So i tried to use dilutions of my own illumina compatible indices
    I used one index at different dilutions and 50% worked and 50% did not and this is the case for every dilution i made
    it is really strange why only half worked
    Anyone has done anything the same, or any ideas
    By the way, i think the adapters provided in the kit are 6 bp or 7 with the A overhang but my adapters from Bioo are 8 bp
    Any ideas or suggestions? I diluted them with Tris HCl pH 8.0
    Thanks a lot

Hi Reza,

Interesting...I was about to try something as well with the i7s of the Truseq HT kit....I didn't know about the Bioo kits.

Yes, they are 6bp in length.

Were you able to sequence the libraries? From the sounds of it...it looks like you need a minimum concentration for the ligation to be efficient. The ones you seem to have are at 0.6uM.

What dilutions have you tried? Which did work and which did not?

I was thinking of measuring left over indexes from the neoprep kit with my Qbit to determine the approximate concentration from the off the shelf neoprep kit. Then replicating the reaction with our own indexes.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers,

Remito
    Last edited by RemitoAmigo; 06-14-2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
    0 responses