Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library eluted with TE buffer (low EDTA)?

Hi all,

I'm doing my first RNAseq experiment. I followed the NuGen Ovation Ultralow Library V2 protocol which suggests throughout to elute after every bead purification step in TE (low EDTA). This is also what they suggest for the final elution of amplified library. Obviously, they don't see a problem with 0.1mM EDTA in the library (my reasoning is that it will inevitably be further diluted when pooling the libraries and won't pose such an issue?). However, I only read our genomics facility requirements now and I see that they do not want any EDTA in the libraries, to prevent the sequencing reaction failure. Do you think I should re-purify my libraries with beads (if so, in what ratio) and elute in the non-EDTA containing buffer? Molarities of my libraries are quite variable - from 6 nM up to 30 nM, so I am afraid of losing a lot if I re-purify.

Thank you!

I don't think the EDTA should be a problem, but if your facility insists you can use a 1.5X Ampure bead cleanup to swap out the buffer. If you are pooling your libraries you can just cleanup the pool.
    Josh Kinman

Comment

Low TE buffer is fine and I have not seen any adverse effect on sequencing in comparison with EB or Illumina resuspension buffer.

Your genomic facility will not know your buffer composition.

Comment

Thank you for your answers and help! I ended up pooling everything and cleaning up the pool with MinElute reaction cleanup. Worked like a charm.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses