Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Atsushi0803
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2019
    • 1

    #1

    Dam-ID prep

    Hi all,

    I recently sequenced my Dam-ID library. Unfortunately for some reason, I found a lot of read-missing regions even around known binding sites of my target protein. For example, one GATC sequence (this is Dam's target site) right on the binding site of my protein has 10,000 counts, but the GATC 300bp away from the GATC on that biding site has just 200 counts, and vast majority regions have 0 counts. There are some (100~4000) GATC counts in random regions, most of them are not the binding site of my protein and those counts are seen in my soluble Dam contro tool. I also found rDNA got 80% of mapped reads, which is weird because my organism (yeast) has only 10% of rDNA region through out the genome. My protein does not bind rDNA region for sure and the soluble Dam also has 80% of methylation on rDNA region. Do you guys have any thoughts about why I got these biased reads?

    Most of my reads started from GATC as I expected and the quality of the reads were fine. I added 25% PhiX to increase the complexity.
    I preped Dam-ID library as many people have done: 1. DpnI cut 37oC overnight 2.85oC 20 min 3. Ligation of L-adapter 16oC overnight 4. 65oC 20 min 4. DpnII cut 37oC 4h 5. PCR 6. column purification 7. DpnII cut 8. Column purification 9. Library prep by NEBnext.

    I've checked the PCR at step5 was specific to the methylation, as non-DpnI or non-Ligase control was not amplified at all.
    Thanks in advance!

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
29 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
46 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
1 response
55 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...