Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HereBeDragons
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 9

    #1

    Bizarre RNAse cleanup problem

    Hello everyone,
    I am prepping some samples of plant genomic DNA for illumina sequencing. My extracts (CTAB) are fine with plenty of high molecular wheight DNA however, EVERY time I go to do an RNAse cleanup of my samples my DNA I get an insoluble pellet, and my DNA somehow loose my DNA. I am pretty confident that I dont have DNAse contamination in my RNAse.
    Thinking perhaps my loss could stem from my the drying steps etc of a separate RNAse clanup, I just recently added the RNAse to the aqueous phase of my extract (CTAB) prior to the isopropanol step. Then finished with the 70%ethanol wash and resuspension.
    When I added as little as 1ul Qiagen RNAse A to 4ml of aqueous phase (1hr at 37degrees then 15min at 70degrees), the end result was a large insoluble pellet. Adding 4ul of RNAse A produced an even larger insoluble pellet. The same exact extract (I had split each CTAB aqueous phase into 2 tubes) without RNAse treatment produced a clear easily dissolved pellet.
    What is it in the RNAse A that is making this nightmare of JUNK in what should be a clean DNA pellet? I think my problems with recovery are tied to this gunks appearance. I am working with very limited moss tissue and am fighting for every microgram of DNA I can get.

    Previously people in my lab have used the RNAse cleanup protocol successfully dozens of times, so its either something to do with my samples, or Im bungling it somehow...I would appreciate any advice!
  • lima_ant
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 1

    #2
    RNase problems

    Hello HereBeDragons,
    It seems like I have exactly the same problems with RNase treatment.
    I would be very interested if you have been able to solve your problem, you had 2 years ago?

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    13 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    37 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    28 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    48 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...