Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • navin_elango
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1

    #1

    Overlap Graph

    Dear All,

    I have ~ 100000 DNA sequences in a fasta file. I am interested in finding the overlap graph of these sequences. I just want a simple overlap finder (which takes minOverlapLength and percentIdentityIntheOverlapRegion as inputs). The overlap will be at the end of the sequences (similar to assembly)

    I have tried looking into many assembly programs. All the programs I looked gave the contigs as output. Some assembly programs gave information about the reads in each contig. But none of the assembly programs gave any information about the overlap graph, which was used to find the contigs. In addition, since assembly programs work with reads, they look for certain depth of coverage during overlap finding. I do not want this.

    Could anyone point me towards a simple overlap-graph finder.

    Thanks,
    Navin.
  • niazi84@hotmail.com
    Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 25

    #2
    Hi Navin,

    I am also looking for such software or script. Did you find any till now?
    ~Adnan~

    Comment

    • gtoal
      Junior Member
      • May 2013
      • 8

      #3
      EDIT: My mistake. It looks like when you post on a subject, the board finds related threads - regardless of age. Looks like an old dead conversation, sorry to have accidentally resurrected it.


      Originally posted by navin_elango View Post
      Dear All,

      I have ~ 100000 DNA sequences in a fasta file. I am interested in finding the overlap graph of these sequences. I just want a simple overlap finder (which takes minOverlapLength and percentIdentityIntheOverlapRegion as inputs). The overlap will be at the end of the sequences (similar to assembly)

      I have tried looking into many assembly programs. All the programs I looked gave the contigs as output. Some assembly programs gave information about the reads in each contig. But none of the assembly programs gave any information about the overlap graph, which was used to find the contigs. In addition, since assembly programs work with reads, they look for certain depth of coverage during overlap finding. I do not want this.

      Could anyone point me towards a simple overlap-graph finder.

      Thanks,
      Navin.
      Unreleased as of yet, but I've just finished writing exactly this. Cn you be more specific about exactly what you're looking for as output, maybe with a line or two of examples?

      regards,

      Graham
      Last edited by gtoal; 05-20-2013, 10:59 AM.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      29 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      24 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      46 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...