• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fastx_toolkit can't work

when i use fastx_toolkits ,just like fastq_quality_filter:

$ fastq_quality_filter -q 5 -p 50 -i ./SampleS_1.fq -o ./SampleSfilter_1.fq

unfortunately,it returns as:

fastq_quality_filter: Invalid quality score value (char '#' ord 35 quality value -29) on line 4

how can I solve it ?

The program is using solexa quality scores (starting at 64) instead of sanger (starting at 33). According to the fastx website, support for sanger quality scores was added in version 0.0.13. Which version are you running?

Comment

Try the command line option -Q 33 to indicate Sanger phred scores. That option has worked for me in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Renwick View Post
        The program is using solexa quality scores (starting at 64) instead of sanger (starting at 33). According to the fastx website, support for sanger quality scores was added in version 0.0.13. Which version are you running?
        i use the version 0.0.13,but it doesn't work too,how can i convert sanger fastq to illumina fastq format?

Comment

Originally posted by dfjenkins3 View Post
          Try the command line option -Q 33 to indicate Sanger phred scores. That option has worked for me in the past
          i add this option ,but another error is happened like:

fastq_quality_filter: Invalid quality score value (char 'J' ord 74 quality value 41) on line 4

Comment

Can you post a few (12) lines of your FastQ file?

Comment

I always thought it was -Q33... Does -Q 33 work?

[edit] Oh, yes, it does.

Comment

Originally posted by sisch View Post
                can you post a few (12) lines of your fastq file?
                @hwi-st298:170:81mg3abxx:1:1101:1349:2455 1:n:0:ttaggc
                ctggttcagccttcttaggctcttcttctgtttccttacctcagatcggaagagcacacgtctgaactccagtcacttaggcatttcgtatgacgtatgt
                +
                cccfffffghghfhgiijjfhegi?fhiihfchggggcegggicgebchfhgdhgiiibaf@fh7@@e;7=a;aadd>ccbcca################
                @hwi-st298:170:81mg3abxx:1:1101:1372:2461 1:n:0:ttaggc
                agacggtgttgcataagctgttgtatctgttgctgttgaaactgaaactgctgctgttgctgcttttgttttttagatcggcagggcacacgtgtgcgac
                +
                @@@fff@dfhgff<gaeehggg@@ehafhiiibgg<?ff<?<bf<fg@gg?be<<3?88bf#######################################
                @hwi-st298:170:81mg3abxx:1:1101:1866:2486 1:n:0:ttaggc
                gtcactttgtacctcttctcaaattaggaaaatacgaagttcgaggaacgcctttcgttctctttttttcttggtcggcagggtcagggcctttcttgct
                +
                @@cdffffdddhhegeggeegeh>hhhiigiij>ffcgggeghid0?dfdfggiig1=;;ceggcac<<ce@a@>>>;??>95(9<(38<?<a#######

Comment

Originally posted by letusgo View Post
                  i add this option ,but another error is happened like:

fastq_quality_filter: Invalid quality score value (char 'J' ord 74 quality value 41) on line 4
                  letusgo,

Are you sure that you are using v. 0.0.13? See this response to a thread about this issue from last year. (Hint, try searching the forum first, your question may already have been answered.) Using v. 0.0.13 and the '-Q 33' option together should work. If it doesn't then your FASTQ file may be malformed.

Comment

Originally posted by mgogol View Post
                    I always thought it was -Q33... Does -Q 33 work?

[edit] Oh, yes, it does.
                    unfortunately,it doesn't work for my fastq files,then i convert the sanger fastq to illumina fastq.when i run fastq_quality_filter,another error :

fastq_quality_filter: Invalid quality score value (char 'i' ord 105 quality value 41) on line 4

Comment

@hwi-st298:170:81mg3abxx:1:1101:1349:2455 1:n:0:ttaggc
                      ctggttcagccttcttaggctcttcttctgtttccttacctcagatcggaagagcacacgtctgaactccagtcacttaggcatttcgtatgacgtatgt
                      +
                      cccfffffghghfhgiijjfhegi?fhiihfchggggcegggicgebchfhgdhgiiibaf@fh7@@e;7=a;aadd>ccbcca################
                      @hwi-st298:170:81mg3abxx:1:1101:1372:2461 1:n:0:ttaggc
                      agacggtgttgcataagctgttgtatctgttgctgttgaaactgaaactgctgctgttgctgcttttgttttttagatcggcagggcacacgtgtgcgac
                      +
                      @@@fff@dfhgff<gaeehggg@@ehafhiiibgg<?ff<?<bf<fg@gg?be<<3?88bf#######################################
                      @hwi-st298:170:81mg3abxx:1:1101:1866:2486 1:n:0:ttaggc
                      gtcactttgtacctcttctcaaattaggaaaatacgaagttcgaggaacgcctttcgttctctttttttcttggtcggcagggtcagggcctttcttgct
                      +
                      @@cdffffdddhhegeggeegeh>hhhiigiij>ffcgggeghid0?dfdfggiig1=;;ceggcac<<ce@a@>>>;??>95(9<(38<?<a#######
                      O.K. I missed this before. Clearly your quality lines are malformed; are these after you converted them? You have ASCII values ranging from 35 (#) to 105 (i). No valid FASTQ files for Illumina reads uses a range this wide.

Comment

Originally posted by kmcarr View Post
                        O.K. I missed this before. Clearly your quality lines are malformed; are these after you converted them? You have ASCII values ranging from 35 (#) to 105 (i). No valid FASTQ files for Illumina reads uses a range this wide.
                        they come from a seqencing company,i didn't convert them.but when i convert them to Illumina fastq,their ASCII values is also malformed,what can i do?

Comment

they come from a seqencing company,i didn't convert them.but when i convert them to Illumina fastq,their ASCII values is also malformed,what can i do?
                          Ask the company what they did to create such data..?

Comment

Just curious, I googled the unique machine id: hwi-st298.
                            And I found this:
                            http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15928
                            It looks that the company triggered the malformation not the first time.
                            Which company it is? BGI?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                            • seqadmin
                              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                            0 responses