Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a quick question about SV type in pindel?

just saw several SVs are marked with SVTYPE=RPL - what does RPL stand for?
    couldn't find any clue from pindel website.

Thank you

I think that's when there are multiple successive bases that are changed, ie, if the reference sequence is:

AGCGAG,TGAT,GAC

Then the variant sequence could be

AGCGAG,CTA,GAC

At least that's what I remember thinking it was long ago; if that makes no sense then let me know as I could be mistaken for sure.

Comment

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. I ran pindel and was got confused by the first SV output marked with RPL - e.g.

line306 frameshift substitution KIAA1751:NM_001080484:exon18:c.2194_2215CCAAGCCAGGGTGGGCGGGG, chr1 1887091 1887112 CGCCCGCCCACCCTGGCTTGGC CCCCGCCCACCCTGGCTTGG

If we align the 2 sequences (ref and alt), apparently it results from a G-deleteion at the 2nd base from the reference sequence. but pindel said it is a RPL

I ran GATK, which also reported this SV but correctly identified this SV as 'deletion' -
      line253 frameshift deletion KIAA1751:NM_001080484:exon18:c.2214delC.G738fs, chr1 1887092 1887092 G

I am just not sure if this is because of what I've missed in RPL definition, or because the program was confused by the alignment.

Comment

Then perhaps I'm a bit confused. The Pindel authors are nice/quick with responses to email inquiries; I'd just email the contact author if I were you.

Comment

Thank you, Heisman. I just emailed the author, and will update you if there is any response.

Comment

About svtype in vcf file

Originally posted by caswater View Post
            just saw several SVs are marked with SVTYPE=RPL - what does RPL stand for?
            couldn't find any clue from pindel website.

Thank you
            Dear everyone,
            I recently was doing something about genome-wide polymorphism detection, and one of my colleague recommended me to use pindel to get structure variation of re-seq data against reference genome. Here is my question: what does the SVTYPE=RPL in the vcf file stand for?
            Your answer will be useful to me. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
            0 responses