Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cufflinks non-model organism, issues with -b, and false concatenation of genes

Hello,
    I have been working with the "tuxedo" package for a little while now, and have started getting the nice results that I want, but I still have a few nagging issues.

One is that when I use the -b option, for multi-read correction in cuffdiff, I get a segmentation fault at differing stages of the run, and thus no result. If I do not use this option, I basically get no results, and the gene_exp.diff is basically full of NOTEST and LOWDATA entries.

This is only an issue for the newest (and unfortunately much better) annotation and assembly, as when I run the package with the older files, it works generally fine (also with the -b option).

Is there anything in the genome fasta or bowtie mapping files that I should look for in order to fix this problem? If anyone wants to take a look, I would be more than happy to send the files...

Another issue I have is that at some point some clearly distinct genes are merged into one cufflinks transcript, so that in the gene_exp.diff file, an entry in the "gene" column would look like: Nasvi2EG000144,Nasvi2EG000145,Nasvi2EG000147,Nasvi2EG000149,Nasvi2EG000151 It is clear to me that I am losing quite some differential expression information due to this issue, and was wondering if there was a way to avoid it....

Are you using the 2.0.1 or 2.0.0 version? These issues are supposed to be fixed in that latest version. Another thing, -b is not multi-read-correction, it is frag-bias-correct.

Comment

Originally posted by glados View Post
      Are you using the 2.0.1 or 2.0.0 version? These issues are supposed to be fixed in that latest version. Another thing, -b is not multi-read-correction, it is frag-bias-correct.
      This was in 2.0.1, as well as in earlier versions.
      Of course you are right about -b, I thought I had fixed it, but at least I got it right in the tags

Comment

Ok. Then I don't know. Hopefully someone else do.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
        0 responses