Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Azazel
    Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 52

    #1

    [cufflinks] every transcript is only one exon

    I have a problem with cufflinks, all the transcripts which I assemble always consist of just one exon in the resulting GTF file!

    I started with fasta files, aligned them with BLAT. Converted the output to bed12. Converted the bed12 to bam with bamToBed of samtools, and sorted.

    Then I used cufflinks and get a GTF file. In that GTF file, the assembled transcripts look good, but each transcript is just one exon long: there is no intron-exon structure, altough it *is* still in the bed12 file, and there are no alternative splicing pathways generated.

    I am a beginner with cufflinks. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Azazel; 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM. Reason: typos
  • Amative
    Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 45

    #2
    Hi Azazel, were you able to figure out you problem ?

    Thanks!

    Comment

    • AJenkins
      Member
      • Nov 2013
      • 13

      #3
      I am having this same problem, is there any reason why?

      Comment

      • dpryan
        Devon Ryan
        • Jul 2011
        • 3478

        #4
        All of the splicing information would get lost in the process of converting to BED format. There's no possible way that pipeline could ever not produce only single-exon loci.

        Comment

        • 11xinqi
          Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 31

          #5
          Originally posted by Azazel View Post
          I have a problem with cufflinks, all the transcripts which I assemble always consist of just one exon in the resulting GTF file!

          I started with fasta files, aligned them with BLAT. Converted the output to bed12. Converted the bed12 to bam with bamToBed of samtools, and sorted.

          Then I used cufflinks and get a GTF file. In that GTF file, the assembled transcripts look good, but each transcript is just one exon long: there is no intron-exon structure, altough it *is* still in the bed12 file, and there are no alternative splicing pathways generated.

          I am a beginner with cufflinks. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
          Hi, Azazel, have you figure out what is the problem about transcripts with only one exon? I kind of met such problem. In my case, I used tophat + cufflinks to detect the differential expression. I have 3000 differentially expressed genes. 2800 genes of them are single-exon genes. The other 200 genes are multiple-exons gene.

          If you know why cufflinks give out so many one exon transcript, please tell me . thank you

          Comment

          • dpryan
            Devon Ryan
            • Jul 2011
            • 3478

            #6
            Originally posted by 11xinqi View Post
            Hi, Azazel, have you figure out what is the problem about transcripts with only one exon? I kind of met such problem. In my case, I used tophat + cufflinks to detect the differential expression. I have 3000 differentially expressed genes. 2800 genes of them are single-exon genes. The other 200 genes are multiple-exons gene.

            If you know why cufflinks give out so many one exon transcript, please tell me . thank you
            The cause of your issue will be completely different. Please start a new thread.

            Comment

            • 11xinqi
              Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 31

              #7
              Originally posted by dpryan View Post
              The cause of your issue will be completely different. Please start a new thread.
              What you do mean about starting a new thread. would you please talk a little bit more?

              Comment

              • dpryan
                Devon Ryan
                • Jul 2011
                • 3478

                #8
                Originally posted by 11xinqi View Post
                What you do mean about starting a new thread. would you please talk a little bit more?
                That means to post a new question (not a reply to a previous question) on this forum, giving details about the commands you used.

                Comment

                Latest Articles

                Collapse

                • SEQadmin2
                  New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                  by SEQadmin2


                  Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                  We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                  ...
                  Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                • SEQadmin2
                  How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                  by SEQadmin2




                  The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                  This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                  09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                ad_right_rmr

                Collapse

                News

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                0 responses
                7 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                0 responses
                31 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                0 responses
                27 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                47 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post pekgio
                by pekgio
                 
                Working...