Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automating intron discovery in EST-derived gene models

So, yes, I have a large number of gene models that are derived from EST data. That is, the coding sequence is correct but any introns will be missing. I also have a bunch of 454 genomic sequence (enriched for the particular genes) which will enable me to find the introns.

Obviously I can just map the raw 454 genomic sequence to the gene models to find where introns are, and I have done this. However I don't really want to do it manually for each gene model.

I was thinking to derive some sort of consensus sequence from the genomic sequence mapped onto the (reference sequence) gene model, with a large tolerance for introducing gaps in the gene model (which would be introns). At a bit of a loss as to how to do this. Any suggestions on how to automate this process?

I was trying to do a very similar thing a few years back, and initially I tried mapping my ESTs to the genomic data use est2genome and then trying to interpret the gene structure. In short, I ended up using Scipio (not the web-based version) and it worked very well. Just pick a closely related species' genome if your species of interest has not been sequenced yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SES View Post
      I was trying to do a very similar thing a few years back, and initially I tried mapping my ESTs to the genomic data use est2genome and then trying to interpret the gene structure. In short, I ended up using Scipio (not the web-based version) and it worked very well. Just pick a closely related species' genome if your species of interest has not been sequenced yet.
      Hi,I am using scipio now,according to the manual, I need to use perl script scipiogff2gff.pl to convert the file format to .gff, but I can't find it...
      can you help me?
      Many thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Best Practices for Single-Cell Sequencing Analysis
        by seqadmin

While isolating and preparing single cells for sequencing was historically the bottleneck, recent technological advancements have shifted the challenge to data analysis. This highlights the rapidly evolving nature of single-cell sequencing. The inherent complexity of single-cell analysis has intensified with the surge in data volume and the incorporation of diverse and more complex datasets. This article explores the challenges in analysis, examines common pitfalls, offers...
        06-06-2024, 07:15 AM
      • seqadmin
        Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
        by seqadmin

Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

Somatic Genomics
        “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
        05-24-2024, 01:16 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:58 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 06-06-2024, 08:18 AM
      0 responses