No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On/off target rate for whole exome data

Hi all,

I've some human exome data, which I've aligned with bowtie2 as bwa doesn't work (see this post).

Using samtools flagstat I can see ~98% of reads map to the genome. However, only about 60% of those are on-target with 40% off-target. That doesn't seem great.

What kind of on/off-target rates do others see?

Originally posted by chris View Post
    Hi all,

I've some human exome data, which I've aligned with bowtie2 as bwa doesn't work (see this post).

Using samtools flagstat I can see ~98% of reads map to the genome. However, only about 60% of those are on-target with 40% off-target. That doesn't seem great.

Actually, that's about what the people selling the kits promise, so you are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
      Hi all,

Don't worry - perfectly acceptable figures there.

Comment

Great. Thanks.

Comment

@chris -- would you care to share your command line for bowtie2? I'm running into a slightly worse issue, performance wise, and am curious how you're doing it!

Comment

Sure, its:

Code:
            bowtie2 --threads 4 -q --sensitive --end-to-end --phred33 -x /db/bowtie2/Hsapiens68 -1 fastq_file1 -2 fastq_file1 -S out.sam

Comment

Working...
            X