No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On/off target rate for whole exome data

Hi all,

I've some human exome data, which I've aligned with bowtie2 as bwa doesn't work (see this post).

Using samtools flagstat I can see ~98% of reads map to the genome. However, only about 60% of those are on-target with 40% off-target. That doesn't seem great.

What kind of on/off-target rates do others see?

Originally posted by chris View Post
    Hi all,

I've some human exome data, which I've aligned with bowtie2 as bwa doesn't work (see this post).

Using samtools flagstat I can see ~98% of reads map to the genome. However, only about 60% of those are on-target with 40% off-target. That doesn't seem great.

Actually, that's about what the people selling the kits promise, so you are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
      Hi all,

Don't worry - perfectly acceptable figures there.

Comment

Great. Thanks.

Comment

@chris -- would you care to share your command line for bowtie2? I'm running into a slightly worse issue, performance wise, and am curious how you're doing it!

Comment

Sure, its:

Code:
            bowtie2 --threads 4 -q --sensitive --end-to-end --phred33 -x /db/bowtie2/Hsapiens68 -1 fastq_file1 -2 fastq_file1 -S out.sam

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
            • seqadmin
              The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
              by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
              02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
            0 responses