Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHRiMP - how to obtain unique mapped reads?

Hi,

Can any SHRiMP users tell me how they obtain unique mapped reads (those mapped reads that only map to one position in the genome). I am mapping 50bp reads to the human genome. I have run rmapper-cs using the 'fast' and '50bp' settings.

Thanks!

Ian

nudge

nudge for second viewing, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by idonaldson View Post
      nudge for second viewing, thanks!
      You will need to write your own post-alignment filtering script. You can bug the authors to get the output to SAM format, which would make things easier.

Comment

SHRiMP now can output in SAM

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
        You will need to write your own post-alignment filtering script. You can bug the authors to get the output to SAM format, which would make things easier.
        The latest 6 Oct (V1.30) version has a shrimp2sam.pl script in the /Utils folder.

Comment

Originally posted by idonaldson View Post
          Hi,
          Can any SHRiMP users tell me how they obtain unique mapped reads (those mapped reads that only map to one position in the genome). I am mapping 50bp reads to the human genome. I have run rmapper-cs using the 'fast' and '50bp' settings.
          This perl code will take 'hits.txt' on stdin and write 'unique_hits.txt' on stdout.

Code:
          #!/usr/bin/perl -w
          my %seen;
          while (my $line = <>) {
            my @f = split m/\t/, $line;
            next unless @f == 10;
            next if $seen{ $f[0] }++;
            print $line;
          }

Comment

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
              @Nils; I am amused The SAM munging Perl script in the 1.3.0 SHRiMP distribution is actually one authored by you.

Comment

Originally posted by sci_guy View Post
                @Nils; I am amused The SAM munging Perl script in the 1.3.0 SHRiMP distribution is actually one authored by you.
                I wrote it to compare aligners a while ago for a paper that is being published tomorrow (yay). Needless to say, I have done a lot of aligner comparisons.

Unfortunately the SHRiMP to SAM script does not support paired end reads...

Comment

I do rmmaper -cs and I am using sensitive 50bp...
                  my dates are mate pair, and I do it for _F3 file and for _R3file... The results are in two
                  different folders.

I am using Shrimp 1.3.2....

How I obtain the unique file for run the probcalc?

I would like to receive a answer by my personal email too: email: [email protected]

Thanks regards
                  Last edited by ulisses de padua; 06-06-2010, 03:02 PM. Reason: Shrimp version

Comment

I am trying to run SHRiMP2 on paired-end data. I have run the indexing step, and am using

./gmapper-ls /Test_seq/test.fa -L hg18_combined.fa -V -N 8 -p opp-in >/Out_seq/shrimptestoutput

as my command. The index loads fine, and the reads file also loads, but then SHRiMP doesn't actually run and i get 0 mappings. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Many thanks.

Comment

Hi Rahul,
                      I believe the command you wish to run is,
                      ./gmapper-ls -L hg18_combined.fa -V -N 8 -p opp-in /Test_seq/test.fa >/Out_seq/shrimptestoutput
                      If you wish to have SAM output you can use,
                      ./gmapper-ls -E -L hg18_combined.fa -V -N 8 -p opp-in /Test_seq/test.fa >/Out_seq/shrimptestoutput
                      If you wish to output the unaligned reads in SAM format or into a separate file, please email me ([email protected]) and i can supply you with the unreleased version that supports this feature!

Misko

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses