No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GATK - PrintReads

Hi all,
    I am trying to use the GATK PrintReads function following the BaseQualityRecalibrator using the following command:

Code:
    java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T PrintReads -R Homo_sapiens.fa -I WGS.sorted.IndelRealigned.fixedbam -BQSR recal_data.grp -o output.file.bam -nct 32
    The sample is a whole genome ~35X coverage. After starting, it tells me that it will take about 40 hours to complete, is that a correct estimate?
    Then after about 12 hours in, the program crashes with an error that says: "There is no space left on the device, so writing failed". We do have plenty of free space available, so I am not really sure what the problem is. Would anyone have any advice for me on this

My general advice about GATK issues is to try the GATK forum which I have found to be most useful in diagnosing and solving errors.

Specifically this might be an issue with allocating memory, try using the -Xmx[n] for n space allocated to the process?

Comment

Originally posted by lre1234 View Post
      Hi all,
      I am trying to use the GATK PrintReads function following the BaseQualityRecalibrator using the following command:

Code:
      java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T PrintReads -R Homo_sapiens.fa -I WGS.sorted.IndelRealigned.fixedbam -BQSR recal_data.grp -o output.file.bam -nct 32
      The sample is a whole genome ~35X coverage. After starting, it tells me that it will take about 40 hours to complete, is that a correct estimate?
      Then after about 12 hours in, the program crashes with an error that says: "There is no space left on the device, so writing failed". We do have plenty of free space available, so I am not really sure what the problem is. Would anyone have any advice for me on this
      PrintReads uses many, many intermediate files. You're likely filling up your temp directory with intermediate files, so redirect the temp files to a location with more space.

Comment

Hey Ire1234,

May be that will be using the space of tmp directory while running this command.

first create a mimic tmp directory in the hard disk and
        try to include java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/data/tmp/ -jar

command. That works.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses