Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hosang.jeon
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 6

    #1

    How to convert to or get 1000 Genomes phase1 data mapped to hg18.

    Hello.

    I'm trying to annotate my variant data with 1000 genomes phase1 data.
    (ALL.wgs.phase1_release_v3.20101123.snps_indels_sv.sites.vcf)

    I need to convert above vcf file to hg18 and hg19(I think it's not so different with GRCh37).

    It worked fine to convert from b37 to hg19 using liftOver.pl(gatk version).

    But if I try to convert from b37 to hg18 it throws an exception with below error message.

    ##### ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ##### ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 2.5-2-gf57256b):
    ##### ERROR The invalid arguments or inputs must be corrected before the GATK can proceed
    ##### ERROR Please do not post this error to the GATK forum
    ##### ERROR
    ##### ERROR See the documentation (rerun with -h) for this tool to view allowable command-line arguments.
    ##### ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to
    ##### ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
    ##### ERROR
    ##### ERROR MESSAGE: Badly formed variant context at location chr1:728499; getEnd() was 731936 but this VariantContext contains an END key with value 742073
    ##### ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



    I've tried to change my newRef file with gatk bundle 1.2, 1.5 and 2.2.
    However it throws the same error.

    I've also tried to convert it from hg19 to hg18 but it throws the same error.


    Is there any way to get (hg18 mapped) 1000 genomes phase1 data?
    or convert to hg18?


    Thanks in advance.
  • swbarnes2
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 910

    #2
    Try UCSC's LiftOver

    Comment

    • hosang.jeon
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 6

      #3
      Thank you swbarnes2.

      However, the converter you let me know only can handle bed format data.
      I need to convert the data of vcf format.

      Even though I can convert my vcf file to bed format, it loss lots of information such as INFO, FORMAT etc.

      Is there any way to handle this problem?

      Comment

      • hosang.jeon
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 6

        #4
        Thank you swbarnes2.

        However, the converter you let me know only can handle bed format data.
        I need to convert the data of vcf format.

        Even though I can convert my vcf file to bed format, it loss lots of information such as INFO, FORMAT etc.

        Is there any way to handle this problem?

        Comment

        • Jon_Keats
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 279

          #5
          See http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk/g...s#Introduction

          Look about half way down for lift-over

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Yesterday, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          9 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          32 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          27 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          47 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...